Question regarding VK and Orange micro terror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding VK and Orange micro terror

So it's no secret, but I csnt stand my stock VK112. It's a neat little black box in the corner of my living room with no use to me... until now maybe?

I've been searching for a trade for this thing for a while and havent fou d a suitable one yet. I have the opportunity to acquire a tiny terror for 120$.

Can I plug said tiny terror into my VK and use it as a cab?
    If I do, will the I get a better quality higher gain tone this way or is the speaker that bad?

Atm I feel like the amp is a cumulative failure for what i want, so I'm curious if it would perform as a cab for a micro head.

I'd like your thoughts on the matter folks.

I would now like to note that I'm am 100% to blame for not enjoying the VK.

There is this nice little knob on the back, it's a "texture" knob.

Turns out, when I put it to class A and drive the piss out of it, not only does it tighten up and seem more stable, it produces a very acceptable tone for the moment.

It's been set to full a/b and for some reason the amp always seemed lacking and hard to control...

Odd but hey, its gonna be ok for now.

Comment

I Have the VK head, though it needs a new transformer and I have let it collect dust since getting the JVM.

But I do remember reading up on it when I got it and its a pretty popular amp to mod with a lot of stuff that can be done to it, that may be an avenue to look into......
      A few Charvels, a bunch of Jacksons, JVM full stack, valve king half stack and an 4000 watt PA for a home stereo, my neighbors love me....

Comment

Atm I've done the easy things to it.
        Patch cable to close the effects loop (slightly tighter, clearer sound)
        Dummy jack in input 1, guitar in input 2. Same as above for effects.

Switched over to class A and grabbed a boss SD-1 (this pedal is a gift from god himself for this amp.)

I'm now using Guitar -> TS-7 -> SD-1 -> NS-2 -> VK112
        Ts 7 alone gives me hard rock, kick on the sd-1 (ts7 still on as well, and holy shit it goes hard haha.)

Ts7 tone and level at noon as an extra boost and help tighten up, sd-1 level is dimed, tone 3 o'clock.

Seems like the harder I push the input the better it responds to my volume, and it stays pretty tight.
        Pretty happy right now, should have tried more overdrive and tweaked it more before whining about it lol.

Comment

Working...
        X