Practice amp question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Practice amp question

I'm looking for a good practice amp ranging from 15 to 25 watts. Something more towards metal but that can also do classical and jazz well. As of metal, i mean 80s metal, not Nu, but alot of gain couldn't hurt. so what do you guys suggest?

Re: Practice amp question

ROLAND CUBE!!

The greatest small practice amp I've ever played through in my entire life. Amazing little thing.

Comment

Check out the Behringer GM110. It is basically a Tech 21 Trademark 10 clone with 30W and a 10" speaker. Best $99 I spent.

Comment

i have to agree with the roland cube, i played one (using a dean explorer) and it sounded absolutely amazing,

another way is to get something like a behringer v amp 2 and plug it through your pc/stereo, sounds lovely and has a huge range of tones to use, everything from an engl savage to a tweed combo

David

Comment

I just received my Tech 21 Trademark 10 amp today and all I have to say is WOW [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] This thing has amazing sound and so many different tones. Just a slight turn of any of the knobs makes a difference. I just bought it off of ebay for $199.00 and it was worth every penny. No need for a distortion pedal with this amp if you are into 80's metal [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] The clean sound is great as well and for a 10 watt amp this thing is LOUD!!!

Comment

I dnot want to sound like I am just saying what everyone else but:

get your ass out there and get a Roland Cube!...

Roalnd Cube 1

Roland Cube 2

[ April 02, 2003, 10:50 PM: Message edited by: rodrigo_echeverri ]

Comment

i think i'll go with the roland cube, cuz its small and its in my price range. I just dont know if i should go the extra mile and get the 30 watt with all the effects. what do you guys say?

Comment

I have tried the cube 30 a few times and I loved it. The thing is loud and the sounds are cristal clear. I would not hesitate and get that one if I could and was going for something on that range. Best value ever I think. On the other hand if you are feeling giving, buy yourself the JC-120.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I owned a transtube 258 efx for a while and I liked the digital section better then the roland. The roland has better sound overall though and I wont be peavey's advocate around here because I could get bashed.

[ April 03, 2003, 11:01 PM: Message edited by: rodrigo_echeverri ]

Comment

Haven't tried the Roland Cube myself. But, the Tech 21 Trademark 10 was certainly a cool amp. I wanted to buy one for my living room to noodle on.

Comment

i have heard lots of good things about the trademark 10 but i think its more of a proper amp not a modelling amp

id try and give them both a test as opinions are split here

David

Comment

Thanks guys... i think sam ash has both, so i'll give them a try.

Comment

Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 201 [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

How about one of those JCM 1X12's from the 80's?
                          I think their 50W, but they sound awsome!

Comment

Working...
                          X