Adding on to a 5150 combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding on to a 5150 combo

Ok I'm going to buy a 5150 combo and I'm looking into making it a little more verstile by adding a bbe 422 sonic maximizer and maybe a Rocktron Intellifex . Basically I'm hardley ever going to be playing out so thats not really a concern(I'm a drummer)It's mainly going to be used in practice and in the living room. I want to be able to get more than just the evh tone out of it so thats why I'm looking into the Intellifex. Any input would be great.

[ April 02, 2003, 10:59 PM: Message edited by: Drsracing ]
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Re: Adding on to a 5150 combo

Sounds like you're on the right track to me. The Intellifex is a great unit. Don't forget the midi switcher as well. Another unit you may want to check out is the Marshall JFX. Not nearly as deep or invloved as the Intellifex, but I really dig mine. But the again, I'm a minimalist, so...

Comment

I like my JFX1 as well . I also use it with my BBE 422 with my Marshall rack. It sounds like a good move so far . The intellifex is great too but you'll have to talk to John about that unit. Both sound like it will fit your needs just fine .

I might be buying John's Intellfex for my Uber so he can get his G major. Maybe I'll just wait until he gets his ...I might want one of those things too [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Ya, I was also looking at the midi mate too. I can get the Intellifex and midi mate for like $150 on the bay and the bbe's only like $80. So I think for about $700 total I'm going to have a nice little rig. I haven't looked into the jfx but will tonight before I make any more decions.

Comment

Can I use any midi pedal with the Intellifex???

Comment

Yes
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Nice, This is going to be easy to assamble this rig

Comment

Working...
              X