Marshall Ohmage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall Ohmage?

I have a Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50 watt head and a Marshall 4x12, the speakers are the GT12-75 watt celestions. There are 3 jacks on the back of the head, two are for the 4 and 8 ohms, theres a switch beside that selects between 4 and 8. Then you have the 16 ohm input. On the cab there is two inputs, a 4 and a 8 ohm(together), then theres a 16 ohm input on a seperate jack, there is also a Mono - Stereo switch. I don't know what ohmage to run it at, right now ive been on 4 ohms, and experimented at 8 and 16 ohms, with two speaker cables- one cable going 8 ohms and the other cable going at 16 omhs with the stereo switch on. I've only been playing at low volumes because I don't want to hurt anything. Could you recommend the best setup for this amp. [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Re: Marshall Ohmage?

Don't run two cables fron the head to the stereo jacks on the cab. Makes for poofy transformers.
    Set the cab to mono. One jack is for 4 ohm and the other is for 16 ohm.
    You can run either the 4 ohm jack on the head with the switch in the proper position, of course, or the 16 ohm jack into the approaite jack on the cab.

Comment

Working...
    X