dano minis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dano minis

i am thinking about getting the Black Coffee Distortion, Fish and Chips Graphic EQ, Surf N Turf Compressor

any opinions?

yeah they wont be as good as some boutique handbuilt effect bt they are really cheap (a big help to me) so i can get two or even three for the same price as one other effect by another company (or the standard danos)

David

Re: dano minis

The reviews on the EQ are pretty good. I will get one soon. Supposed to sound just like the Boss.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I have the lil Dano Fish 'N Chips EQ. I've never had any other pedal EQ before, but I'd expect any of them to introduce noise. When you're boosting EQ, levels, gain, or adding distortion, ANY pedal is going to add some noise. Of course, if you just use it to lower levels, you can probably remove some noise hehe. I also use pedal distortion, and use a rack-mounted HUSH Super-C unit to remove the noise they cause, which I think does a nice job. Again, any EQ is going to add some noise if you are boosting levels, as will your distortion and the compressor...you just have to figure out if you can live with the noise, or if you need to get a noise suppression unit to take care of it. First step is to get the units and see if you like the sound you get from them, then work on the noise from there if you do.

I'd be interested in hearing how that Black Coffee distortion works for you, and what you're using them with. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I've been pleasantly suprised with the Dano mini pedals. I got a bunch of them in a couple of the "packs" from Musicians Friend. Here's the ones I've gotten (I can't remember most of the goofy names):
        </font><ul type="square">[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">French Toast octave distortion - this kicks ass -- it's got the old Foxx Tone machine circuit and is waaaay cooler than all of the obnoxious boutique Octavia clones</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">reverb - not really a reverb but makes a cool slapback echo</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">regular octave box - put this in front of the French Toast and make some wild sounds</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">compressor - this was a total surprise, this thing is really amazing for the price.</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">phaser - think MXR Phase 90</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">vibrato - cheap uni-vibe type thing, there's no mistaking this for the real deal but it has it's own vibe that is pretty cool none the less</font>[/list]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So I would say go for it. They are very affordable pedals that sound pretty darn good. The only concern I have is wether they will be durable or not. The cases aren't too sturdy.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
          The reviews on the EQ are pretty good. I will get one soon. Supposed to sound just like the Boss.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Dude, the first time you stomp on it, it will be destroyed! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

i own 2 dano full size pedals- the fab tone distortion and the psycho flange. they are not as tweakable as a boss pedal, but they both sound really good w/ their own vibe. check around cause i've seen some for about $25 a pedal.

Comment

Originally posted by StuTDavis:
              I'd be interested in hearing how that Black Coffee distortion works for you, and what you're using them with. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">sorry but i wont be getting that one anymore

got myself a marshall jackhammer instead [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

very cheap and sounds amazing too, i traded in an old marshall superdrive that i got second hand and didnt really like

still intend getting the eq and compressor after i can get a new wah (a morley mark tremonti wah, the best ive tried so far and has the very nice switchless system)

David

Comment

Working...
              X