5150 head for $275 with footswitch and new tubes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5150 head for $275 with footswitch and new tubes

Good deal! Picked it up last night. Came with a new set of Boogie tubes and the old tubes too!

WoW! Crushing tone. It slaughters my Rectifier 3 channel in the massive gain department.

How well are they built? I cant compare it to my Boogie in that everything on the boogie is metal and the 5150 is loaded with plastic.... i.e switches and knobs and stuff like that...

But how well is it built inside? Are they easy to fix? Any potential problems with these heads?

It works perfect and has a few scuffs but that is it.

The tone is nothing like what I expected from this head. It is so warm and fat and thick! Very impressed with it so far. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[ April 05, 2003, 08:59 AM: Message edited by: Firebird V ]

Re: 5150 head for $275 with footswitch and new tubes

That is a steal for a real tube amp dude... Worth every cent...

How well are they built? Well... I had two 5150 heads that were in the backseat of this car and thrown out of the car 30ft onto a dirt embankemant... And they both worked fine, one had the transformers bent a 3/4 inch over from the oem position...

I guess they're somewhat durable... Especially compared to when roadie "nicely" dropped one of my Marshall 900s three feet onto a soft wet grass field and broke a ton of stuff inside...

I think you did great...

Comment

yeah the peavey stuff is ****ing **** tough man I've never had any problems with those amps [peavey products] I got a XXL and it rules man ! super gain , it blows most tube stuff [dual rectifier... yes I have tryed it back to back with one! ] out of the water ! it sounds like you got a great price on her [5150] as well !!! //Steve

Comment

holy **** cleve you got the proof ! lol !!! //Steve

Comment

Yeah, they should pay me to tell that stuff, haha...

Comment

wOW! I'll say! Now that is what I call a compact car! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Thanks! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X