My new baby!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new baby!

Well, as allot of you know already, I've been looking to get rid of my Single Rec because I found a juicy deal on another amp that I couldn't pass up. I sold the Single and here's what I just got! Old School 2 channel Triple Rec with the limited Black Grill and Chrome Face! This thing goes BEYOND brutal, but I DO need to get rid of the 6L6's... Yech!

Re: My new baby!

What will you use to replace the 6L6?
    And why are you replacing them?

I know the 6L6 and other power valves as well and i am just curious to hear what you dislike about the 6L6 [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

extremely nice baby, by the way!
      Henrik

Comment

EL34's !!!

Comment

KT88s!!! Hahaha... You wish...

Comment

yeah!!!! EVEN better!!!!!! kt88'S!!!

Comment

Well guys, you forget stating why the replacement. Lazy #"¤"#¤&/% [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Oh yeah i get it. EL34 is better. Thanks... [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
              Henrik

Comment

Has the Triple Rectifier line really been around long enough for any of them to garner the meaningless and disgustingly annoying "Old School" designation? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

The 6550/KT88 would be a great choice! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Stu: Relax bro... It was just a way of stating that this is the older 2 channel rather than the newer 3 channel. Some people are sooo touchy! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Jackson1: To my ears, the 6L6's sound a bit to mushy... I'll be replacing them with Svetlana EL34's which is what I ran in my Single Rec and LOVED! To me, the EL34's sound much brighter with a nice tight low end.

I'm also gonna be replacing the Preamp Tubes as well... Never done that before so I'm investigating what will work best for the type of sound I'm trying to get out of it.

Troy

Comment

Working...
                    X