Rocktron Intellifex LTD On-Line vs. 1st year Intellifex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocktron Intellifex LTD On-Line vs. 1st year Intellifex

John cleveland and Stuart Davis are the experts on that one, drop them a message.

Re: Rocktron Intellifex LTD On-Line vs. 1st year Intellifex

I remember john or bill saying something about how the new ones suck
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

The newest ones (last year or three?), are Korean in manufacture, and suffer in quality in comparision to the earlier US built units.

US built onlines seem to be fine pieces for as far as an Intellifex goes. Mine is pretty excellent. US ones say made in the US on the back...

I don't know about the LTDs really, myth has it they have a mystical Motorola chipset that is better. Not sure myself. They're generally known to be fine units as far as I've heard.

I'm personally looking more at the TC Electronics G Major.

But, for the dough, the US built Intellifex's are quite cool pieces and reasonably priced.

[ April 06, 2003, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: Cleveland Metal ]

Comment

Maybe this might help you out some....hope so

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...;f=12;t=000478

Comment

Thanks boxcar. that really helps. I gotta a guy offering 1 for $200 shipped. that seems a little high. I still have to buy a midi bord after that. I was hoping to be in to this project for like $700. I spent $460 for the 5150, $60 for the bbe. So that leaves like $220 for the intellifex and bord. We'll see what happens

Comment

Yeah, Umm, thanx Boxcar, haha... What am I chopped liver? Hmmph. [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

You rock to dude!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I'm so new to all this rack stuff, everyone that has helped me rocks.

Comment

Rocktron Intellifex LTD On-Line vs. 1st year Intellifex

I remember someone here saying the new ones suck compared to the old ones. Any thoughts on the new one vs the old one

Comment

$200 is pretty steep for an Intellifex right now. I paid $150 and thought I'd gotten a good score only to see a couple of others go for less than that ($100 and $125). Watch ebay and see where they go. My guess is that prices are low now due to the Musician's Friend and GC blowout of the Intellifex, but they'll go back up to ~$200 after things settle down a bit.

If you only need a very basic, solid midi controller take a look at the old ART X-11, X-12, or X-15 controllers. They don't do much for programming, but they're cheap 2nd hand and pretty solid in my experience. I bought a Rocktron Midimate since I need to be able to send multiple control changes, etc. in my setup. They're a bit pricey 2nd hand though ($150-200).

Ross

Comment

I've bought an intellifex (I've finished to build my rack!!!Now I've to buy just a stereo 4x12!)right yesterday for 230€ ,and here in Italy it's a good price.I would like to live in USA for the prices you have:P Btw,I think the Behringer controller would be a good bang for the buck,isn't it?

Comment

Yes it is. They sell for $120-130 (something like that) around here new and are a bargain. The other guitar player in my band has one and I was amazed at how well built they are. I can't do everything I'm trying to do with one, but just barely and it's more to do with the limitation of another piece of my equipment. A bonus is that the Behringer has two 1/4" control outs built in for channel switching, effects bypassing, etc.

Comment

YEAH!!My intellifex has just arrived!!!And you know what?!It's a made in USA one!Great! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                        X