Old Morley wahs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Morley wahs?

I'm still looking at different wahs and I'm wondering if any of you guys have experience with those old huge chrome Morleys. If so, what did you think of it? Thanks.

Re: Old Morley wahs?

No wah lovers here?? This is the second thread on wahs that I've started, and no response to either of them.... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

funny to mention i just went to the pawnshop the other day and they had an old morely there....it sounded nice and had more swipe than a cry baby...(nice touch)......i think there great....they have a kinda clean nasaly sound which is nice for solos...and if you take the stoppers off you will get even more swipe for the buck [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm a big wah lover, but I only own a regular Dunlop Crybaby (actually limited edition copper casing)! I've also played the switchless version (95Q I think) and thought that was also really good. I even have the Q-Zone pedal (like using a wah pedal stuck in the middle). I've never played a Morley, but I don't think I've ever heard a bad thing about them.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I own a crybaby...the switch is hard to press down....thats the way they are....i took the stoppers off of it to to get more swipe...like zakk wylde

Comment

Hey Boxcar I use to have an older Morley powerwah one of the first models I believe. I think these are optical units aren't they? Anyhow it sounded pretty good, real good actually. I wish I had hung on to it.The other guitar player liked it better than the Thomas crybaby I also use to have. I could kick myself for ever having gotten rid of either of these units. I thought I was upgrading at the time! LIVE AND LEARN! Oh well.....the morley I had,had a auto wah effect on one side and on the other you could adjust the travel and depth with two knobs. If I remember correctly you could turn the wah off and use it as a volumne pedal. You could get great deep tremelo type effects out of the auto wah setting. If I found another one of these for $75 or less I would snap it up! How much does the pawn shop want? They'll go down some I imagine. They're used to haggling with people....charlie [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

pawnshop wants $45.00 for her

Comment

Killer Deal if it's in good working order. The only thing that bugged me about the unit was the ac power line, when you get 20 feet away from your amp on stage you have to run that power source out there! if you're just going to noodle around at home or in the studio it's not a concern. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Cool, I will definitely try to hunt one down then. I am most interested in the Power Wah Boost-it has the wah function, but when that's not on it is a volume pedal, and it has a switchable boost in it, which I think would be good for driving long cables. I actually think the AC cord is pretty cool-I want to run my MIDI controller, the wah, and a Boss tuner pedal off the same powerstrip, and the AC being built in would save me dough on buying an adapter. The older Morleys seem to be slammed with features and due to the optical circuts, quieter than most wahs as well.

Comment

i ahev an old pro series wah/volume (morley) and its ok, the main problem i have is that when the wah is on you get a effected signal even when its in the heel position and to switch it off wah and keep volume you have to stomp a switch on the unit and at the same time slam it forwards to full volume, but it has no boosts or anything, just a wha (with level control) and a switch to choose between wah and volume
                    sounds good though

i intend upgrading to a mark tremonti power wah, liek the bad horsie but with a 'wah boost' to increase the wahed volume i can trade in my old one for £50ish so i only need about £100 extra ah well ill get saving

also it is switchless like the bad horsie, when you move it forwards slightyly it turns on and when you take yuor foot off it it returns to the heel position and switches off

David

[ April 09, 2003, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: The Enema ]

Comment

Those switchless wahs can be a pain in the ass, too. If you keep your heel down and play in the bass position a little longer, it will also turn off.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

i was playing a few wahs in town today (morley big horsey and mark tremonti and a vox wah and dunlop crybaby) and i must say the switchless system works the best for me, i just cant get to grips with the switch in the toe position and for me its hard to use as you need to use quite a bit of pressure to switch on/off which is annoying just to switch on for a quick wah here and there

the switchless system only switches off when the pedal is in the heel position when there is hadly any 'wah' so it dosent bother me at all

i still intend getting the mark tremonti wah

David

Comment

Working...
                        X