Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BBE Sonic Maximizer

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by 11miles:
    My tuning is standard. EADGHE
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I'm not really good with musical theory, but what is H? I thought it only goes up to G... [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Some people like to refer to the tone "B" as "H". Do not ask me why, the only logical explanation I have been given is that sometime long ago someone wrote a sloppy "b" on a sheet, that was interpretated as an "h" and since then people are using both letters. My piano teacher always used the letter h when she meant b. I asked her why, and she said that it was just an old habit [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Maybe that is also the reason to why you refer to for example C minor as Cb. Weird if you consider that there already is a tone that is called b.

I dont know, just speculating [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

IN the key off "L" "h" is the major 4th.
      [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] sorry
      A sonic maximizer puts the sound you hear more in your face. It doesn't eq the sound it corrects the signal and gives it more push. To get a better midrange sound try a Parametric eq. A parmetic takes an exact frequency and lets you fine tune it as opposed to just attenuating or boosting the frequency like a graphic eq does.
      To help reduce hiss you can either use a noise supressor or a graphic eq to help reduce the hiss.
      Gil

Comment

Good explanation Terrax. I actually understood it [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] So they take the high end waves and space 'em out more.. while the low end frequency remains low, keeping the wave longer and with less fluctuation. Makes sense, keeps the waves more parallel and coherent, probably clears up your sound quite a bit too. However there's one thing I don't get, if you were to change the waves of the high end, you'd be changing the frequency, so wouldn't that affect the pitch?? Or does it work in certain multiples?

Comment

doesnt effect the pitch at all, i'm guessing it's some kind of delay for high end, but we are talking so slight just enough for the low end to catch up.

I love mine, it gives anything i run through it tons more balls, and i have mine rigged up through my patchmate, so i can pull it in our out of the signal chain at will.

dave

Comment

Originally posted by 11miles:
            So i could ask the man about the eq, but need some details, is the link you added enough?
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">the link for the EMG EQ units is:

http://www.emginc.com/accessories.html

Take a good read there and ask the guy I told you at EMG if you have any questions.

Comment

what about a bbe in a bass rack?anybody ever try it?i'm using a rocktron preamp that's got para eq compressor and biamped through a audio centron 1600 stereo amp with jbl 15 scopp and 2 10 cab
              The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

So rick,...

What you are saying 362 NR, does not do the job.

Though, it would come in handy being both maximizer and a noise gate in one unit, right?

IS there such big difference?

To be straight, i would prefer buying quality over in-handy-ness but if the difference is not such a big of a deal...?

Okey let's say i take the 482, what do i gain from it?
                THey are both for stereo use, right?
                Any bad expirience with the 362NR?
                What was your brothers problem with it?

Is the rocktron hush unit the best option?

10x

Comment

Okay guys!

I've been checking my financial status again and found out that i have a serius cash flow going on my bank account!

Don't know why, must be all the guitar rack related stuff i've been purchasing lately!

:-)

Anyway.

Looks like my best financial option to get the hush unit and he maximizer, you all talked so greately about it, is the 362NR option!

Since i dont come from US and does who sell stuff on e-bay are not very international related, (bidders must be only US or Canada, mostly) my only otion is to buy new one!

And because o dont have the $ to buy the hush unit and the maximizer separately i am going for the 362NR.

I will order it in a week time!

And so i ask you for the last time.
                  Please let me know if there is anything seriously wrong with the unit and yu would therefore not advise me to buy it.

Please understand the price range of it and the ''2 in 1'' side of the purchase!

10x a lot!

oh and by the way my ada kicks ass

Comment

Working...
                  X