Okay, how about Carvin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, how about Carvin?

Can't speak to the MTS', but I have a Bel Air (50W combo) and love it. Good power for my needs, nice vintage tone, but a little noisy with max. distortion. Nothing worse than most tube amps, and that a hlfway decent noise gate couldn't solve.

That said, everyone who owns a Marshall, Mesa, etc. will probably tell you that they suck. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    j/k

Re: Okay, how about Carvin?

Nah, this is the forum where everyone says Rectos suck, remember? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Seriously, I've heard two MTS heads, and I thought they sounded pretty good - although I think the 5150's distortion sound is a little better. I think they've had a problem with the MTS amps catching fire, though - or was that the Legacy?

Mike
    Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

From what iv heard of , i have heard of one legacy that caught fire. The MTS is pretty good , and has a great price , i say go for it.

Comment

I got a X100-B half stack if you're interested. Grey carpet covering, 8/10 shape. [email protected]

Comment

Okay, how about Carvin?

Yeah, I was just looking at Carvin's site at their MTS 100W amp head. It's a 2 channel all tube amp. Anyone have any opinions on these?

Also, they sell pedals -- overdrive, delay, etc. How 'bout Carvin's pedals? Any good?

I was thinking of picking up one of the MTS heads with a Carvin 412 cab, which they sell as a package for less than $1000. Seems kind of low, but everything else I've heard about Carvin is good. And I was going to add an overdrive pedal and perhaps a delay just to give me some more options to the 2 channel amp.
          My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

Working...
          X