Alrite, I've had enough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alrite, I've had enough

I've had a JCM 900 for a few months now and I just don't like it. Its way too loud for me and I just can't get a nice sound out of it. Rhythm sounds shallow and empty and lead sounds like your playing threw a practice amp not a 100w tube amp. Granted I haven't really explored all options to get a decent sound out of if it but i don't won't to spend more money on pedals if i'm not sure they will work. Whats the going rate for a good condition recently retubed (JJEL34L) JCM 900 (2x12 combo). And whats the best amp I can buy for that money? I'm looking twords a Peavey Bandit atm.

Re: Alrite, I\'ve had enough

Ditch that piece of **** Marshall and buy a Peavey Triple XXX.Do like I did and find a local shop that will let you take it home to demo it.Its the most incredible,versatile amp i've found in the 21 yrs i've been shredding on the geetar. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[ April 13, 2003, 01:14 AM: Message edited by: ken ]

Comment

I have a friend who just bought a Marshall AVT150 half stack and he is so dissapointed it's not even funny. He thought it would be great to have a Marshall without checking it out first. Boy was he wrong. I tried to help him out, but it didn't work out. The OD channels sound like pure ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Cack:
        I've had a JCM 900 for a few months now and I just don't like it. Its way too loud for me and I just can't get a nice sound out of it. Rhythm sounds shallow and empty and lead sounds like your playing threw a practice amp not a 100w tube amp. Granted I haven't really explored all options to get a decent sound out of if it but i don't won't to spend more money on pedals if i'm not sure they will work. Whats the going rate for a good condition recently retubed (JJEL34L) JCM 900 (2x12 combo). And whats the best amp I can buy for that money? I'm looking twords a Peavey Bandit atm.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I had one for awhile - it wasn't bad at all. I actually could get some decent Van Halen tones out of mine.

The 900s sound best if you crank the masters and run as little preamp gain as you can get away with. Also, did you have the bias checked with the new tubes? Running proper bias makes a huge difference on these amps - it was the first thing I did when I got mine.

Different strokes for different folks - I would rather have a JCM900 than a XXX. But I have an Egnater TOL100 now, and it's better than both of em put together! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

Yeah, if I had money I would make an offer on your JCM 900, but I dont [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] ... but wait you said its 100w, I want 50w nevermind.

Comment

Working...
          X