Decent preamp with stereo outputs and Jackson Amp gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Decent preamp with stereo outputs and Jackson Amp gear

Are there any "true" stereo preamps out there? Most of the ones that claim to be stereo are actually two mono outputs, not true stereo.

Comment

Speaking of preamps...Has anyone had any experience with Lee Jackson/Perfect Connection preamps? Just want to get some feedback on them.
      Thanks!

Comment

Are there any "true" stereo preamps out there? Most of the ones that claim to be stereo are actually two mono outputs, not true stereo.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The only way they can true stereo a mono guitar signal, is when they add something like a time based effect such as echo, reverbs, chorus, etc. So the preamp would need that built in. Voodu Valves, Digitech 2101, Prophesy etc...

If you look inside some SS preamps will have two output ICs usually because of a stereo effects loop that has to be maintained as stereo. If you are not using a stereo effect with some sort of effect that seperates the channels in the stereo loop, you really aren't getting anything other than a mono guitar signal divided with a mixing circuit.

Not a major reason to "need" a stereo preamp, as most just use a time based effect to split the mono preamp out into true stereo and go from there.

I have a true stereo rig and my stage settings are all mono to give the sound guy a good signal to work with... No sound guy is gonna mic two cabs for you and seperate them on the mix left and right anyways...

Comment

I played one of the Lee Jackson preamps when I bought my SP-77 and was not impressed by it. It was used, so maybe something had happened to it. I would definitely check one out before buying. This one was worse than many of the preamps out there that run preamp tubes below full voltage.

Comment

A great all tube preamp that is fairly inexpensive is the Carvin Quad X...it's stereo, 4 channels, 9 preamp tubes, built in EQ, killer tube tone, can get nice crunchy, and thick, is midi capable etc...and I'm selling one [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Special JCF price for ya $375 in excellent condition with footswitcher [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

- Joel
            RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
            RIP Dime

Comment

Working...
            X