Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Damn it! 300 - 400 dollars in repairs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn it! 300 - 400 dollars in repairs...

Well...I took my Triaxis to a tech for repairs a week ago...and today he called me and told me that it's pretty messed up, and that it's going to cost about three to four hundred dollars to fix. He said that someone's definitely been inside, and soldered these wires in the power supply...he doesn't know if they were doctoring it up, or actually trying to repair it...but...the power supply is messed up. He said the wire is riveted, and it's been damaged, and the resodering looks like they tried to fix it, but without much luck. He said the volume controls, and by that he meant the tone controls - bass, mid, treble - have fried circuits, and either the chip that sends the signal to the controls is fried, or the signal coming out of the controls is bad, but he won't know for sure until he fixes the power supply. He said it looks like someone dropped it, because there's a crack inside. He said there may either be a problem with the tubes, or the tube sockets...and that he can't know for sure until he gets the power supply fixed, which is the main thing to be able to check the rest. He says it's going to take a while...he might need to order parts from Mesa Boogie...and that it'll be around 350 dollars, maybe more, maybe less...it's just an estimate. So...yup...It's a good thing I have enough cash...although I was hoping to save it for better things...I e-mailed the guy I got the Triaxis from...I hope he e-mails me back...he told me nothing was wrong with it...that it was certified okay, and he just didn't need it in his studio. It was a while ago though, that I bought if off him...so I guess, getting it fixed will be like I bought a new one, it'll equal out the price...anyway...sh*tty sh*t sh*t...hahaha, I'm out of an amp for a while...unless I use my Peavey 112, or rig it through my Mesa 50/50...hehehe.

Cheers,
    Nick

Re: Damn it! 300 - 400 dollars in repairs...

Bummer dude.
    My Marshall's built like a tank! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yeah, I'm sure the Mesa would be a tank...but no matter how strong the amp is...it doesn't matter if someone opens her up and fools with the insides...

Cheers,
      Nick

Comment

Call mesa, get a repair estimate from THEM. I had a few amps modded/repaired by them back in the 90s, and they were priced very reasonably.

Wouldn't hurt to check.

Pete

Comment

I guess I'd have to try to explain to them what the tech said was wrong...wouldn't I? How should I go about getting an estimate, or is that the only way - call up, explain what the tech said and see if they can understand it?

Thanks,
          Nick

Comment

Working...
          X