No announcement yet.

Does anyone use a Duncan Distortion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does anyone use a Duncan Distortion?

BM,

I wouldn't suggest that you're misinterpreting what you hear or anything. But,if the Distortion makes those guitars seem LESS shrill, I really wonder what woods all those guitars are made of, and what those other pickups in the other guitars are.

From Duncan's tone chart, regarding the Distortion:

"Hot and bright with harmonics galore."

High DC Resistance, Low Resonant Peak = generally bright
    High Output, Ceramic magnet, pushing those highs out with power = gives you playing sensitivity and harmonics
    In the tone chart, highs are WAY WAY up there, mids lower than that, lows lower than that.

Soooooooo...when everything says the pickup is a bright pickup, and when I've tried many pickups in different guitars, and think it's a very bright pickup...I wonder exactly just how ungodly bright your other guitars must be! Hehehe! My guess is, those guitars could sound better with other pickups.

Comment

Yes. I got a Distortion in the bridge of my Epi LP and it kicks major butt. I even liked it over the tone of EMG's in my explorer (which I sold cause I felt the duncans just kicked its butt after awhile).

Its not a puney sounding pickup at all its got major balls and harmonics galore. I recommend it.

Comment

I think the clips on the SD website are very imformative. The point of the clips is that they are using the exact same guitar, amp, everything is the same but the duncan in the guitar. I definitely hear a more EMGish Metallica crunch out of the Distortion bridge hum easily from Seymour's web site.

Comment

Working...
        X