Question about wah pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about wah pedals

I was wondering about wah pedals. I know they are a "filtering" type of effect, but that's not supposed to mean that it filters/cuts out your signal. The thing is that when I employ the wah on my GT-6, whether it's plugged in front of the amp or in the effects loop, I experience quite a dramatic drop in the volume/signal level and quite a bit of the distortion is also gone with it. That's not supposed to happen with real wah pedals, right?

If a real wah pedal just does its thing without cutting the signal, I may consider buying one specially for wah, because I'm rather disappointed with the wah that comes with my GT-6 (unless I'm not too good with tweaking wah).

Re: Question about wah pedals

I have a GT - 6 to, and i do experience a loss in volume and distorsion, its just because its a multi-effects pedals, my morley wah, or any other wah I've tried doesn't do that. So don't get confused, multi effect pedal wahs are quite crappy, you get a much better sound out of a stand alone wah..

Comment

Re: Question about wah pedals

Some wahs do in fact cut the signal. A LOT of pedals do, period. Sometimes it's a bad design or crappy components. Others it's just an unfortunate byproduct. Any newer wah shouldn't do that though. The Morley stuff is good from what I've heard. If I ever get some extra cash I'll probably replace my Crybaby with one of those Bad Horsies.

Comment

Working...
      X