Voodu Valve (more realistic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Voodu Valve (more realistic)

deLuther, that sample - is that made using the emulation outputs of the Engl E530?

It sounds pretty darn good!
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

WOW, that Engle Clip sounds awesome. Makes mine sound like arse!!! Exactly what amp is he using to do that clip with??? Direct? Miced?

As for mine. Yeah, it sound better live than that sample. And better in a real miced situation. That is just a mic stuck in the middle of the room while we were screwing around and getting all kinds of crap extra.

As for the white noise sound, it's probably there, haha... That was at a really high volume, and that's probably some nuance that I just don't hear in the room at that volume. I need more bands of parametric to tweak and control things!

I personally like the sound of my rig much better at a living room volume myself. The louder it get, the less I like it.

[ April 22, 2003, 09:56 AM: Message edited by: Cleveland Metal ]

Comment

Cleveland metal, thanks alot bro, the CAE is a little too high for my budget. The voodu seems to be getting alot of attention; i've heard some samples and it sounds very good, i like it heaps. This will also be my first rack, looks to be pretty good for a firt timer.
        [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, the CAE is too much for my budget too!!!

You'll do good with the VV.

That Engle has me thinking now!!! Aaaaaagh...

Comment

This was miced sample.
            To give you idea how it can sound through direct out:
            http://www.tic-tac.com.ua/production/pdb/sound/02.mp3
            This was recorded long ago on my ENGL Tube Toner with my "custom made" guitar. Of course my Charvel Fusioun Plus sounds better.
            Sample recorded direct to my sound card without any editing.

Comment

Nice pleasing character there even... Cool!

My friend has an older Engl that is pretty cool sounding, but not as much gain as that first clip unless he runs it through his marshall 800.

Comment

I guess I dont know as much as you guys but I just cant believe you can through all this thread without seeing the word "triaxis"... that is my favorite sounding pre-amp so far... it is sooo sweet!... probably worth the $1600 Mesa charges for it.. [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

The voodu is a winner though... I am finding it hard to get used but it is coming together pretty nice now...

[ April 23, 2003, 02:55 AM: Message edited by: rodrigo_echeverri ]

Comment

We're talking Voodu Valve, Engl, Marshall, brutal in your face crunch sound.

Why would anyone mention Triaxis in such a thread? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                  Henrik
                  AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Working...
                  X