Guitar compressors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar compressors

These things are very handy piece of equipment must i say!
    Once you learn how to operate it you really nail the tone you like!

I was wondering what compressors do you use.
    And since the one i am using now is borrowed which one would you reccomend me buying?

Re: Guitar compressors

Alesis 3630.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

dude, you are starting to sound to me like you need a solid pre-amp like the Voodu... it has EVERYTHING you have been looking for except the sonic maximizer...

[ April 20, 2003, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: rodrigo_echeverri ]

Comment

What exactly do compressors do? I mean what is the usual purpose of using one? (since I've heard people use them for different things -sutain..) I've never really owned one and only played around with a few for a bit so I haven't had the chance to

"Once you learn how to operate it you really nail the tone you like!"

[ April 20, 2003, 10:03 PM: Message edited by: eet_fuk_81 ]

Comment

hey dude, I wanted to discuss that... lets open a thread on it!... I am very interested as well...

Comment

i use a dbx 266xl compressor. I use it ONLY on clean tones. It helps me get that bell like chime on my clean sound.

In a nutshell, compressors, take the dynamics out of your signal.. so the loud vs soft aspect of the notes will all be the same volume. so a hard strum and a light picking will both sound the same.

Dave

Comment

Working...
            X