FURMAN PQ3 EQ QUESTION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FURMAN PQ3 EQ QUESTION

dude, you want me to buy for you and ship over there?... I would do that for you if you want.

Rodrigo says: get the 422A... old enough to go for cheap and you can definitely hear how it scrambles your sound pretty good...

I can win the auction if you point out what you wnat and then you can pay me using paypal or send me a money order. I will ship to you from Vancouver by air and you will have it in two weeks (about US$50.. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] ).

[ April 22, 2003, 11:09 PM: Message edited by: rodrigo_echeverri ]

Comment

If you've got the MEQ, you don't need a Maximizer to boost mids - that EQ has plenty of mids to adjust.

I'd also go with Parametric (3 or 4 band) over graphic - graphic means more things to screw up [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      However they are great for targetting feedback frequencies in a mix.

You can set a graphic like the 230 (30+ band) for the "Classic V" where the sliders look like a wave (boost lows and highs and cut mids a bit), but depending on the sound you are already getting from the amp. As Cleve said, start with flat and shape it from there. Dial in your amp's EQ first, then just use the 230 to add what you want and subtract what you don't want.

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

A Sonic Maximizer to boost mids? Yah, I think someone has the wrong idea about what to expect from these units. If you want to boost frequency ranges, that's what EQs are for.

Comment

I just bought a Roland SEQ4015 parametric for 110.00 for my rack, I let ya know how it works out when it arrives. This was a good price considering it was still almost new and they go for about 250.00 @ Musicians Friend or American Musical.

Comment

Ok,so give me some ideas here.I am going to be running 2 lee jackson heads one is a xls1000 and the other is a m1000.I am running them in mono the rest of the rack is going to consist of a alesis processor a hush and most likely a bbe 422a (if necessary).I was thinking of adding a EQ.What kind do you think i should get.I am running the heads seperatly. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by StuTDavis:
              A Sonic Maximizer to boost mids? Yah, I think someone has the wrong idea about what to expect from these units. If you want to boost frequency ranges, that's what EQs are for.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Stu.. I know the BBE doesnt do that. I think I mention the mid-range issue because 11miles was fighting a problem about being able to hear himself through the mix playing life but that was a different thread.

You are right though, you dont hear much mid impact when you tweak the BBE even though it is supposed to have some.

[ April 23, 2003, 07:49 PM: Message edited by: rodrigo_echeverri ]

Comment

Working...
              X