Amp...NEEDED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amp...NEEDED

I need a really high gain amp...(half Stack)
    anyone selling one???

Re: Amp...NEEDED

BL, I have the perfect amp for you, but I really love her and am not selling, but if you can find the older VHT Pittbull Classic 100`s, they are extremely high gain, you won`t be dissapointed :bang Would you like a pic of it for reference? Jack.

Comment

I got a Carvin X100-B half stack if you want it. Its not real high gain - you'll need an OD pedal. But it sounds cool. In excellent shape with 5 band graphic EQ for a super scoop. Lemme know.

[email protected]

JOHN

Comment

Are you looking for a totally saturated distortion similar to what's heard on CDs? That's nearly impossible to achieve live without a seriously great soundguy on a great p.a. board.

Get an ADA MP-1, an EQ pedal, a 2x12 or 4x12 cab, and a good power amp. If that doesn't give you what you want, redefine what you want [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Newc, i've been looking for an ada mp1, do they still make them, or do i have to find one used, cuz i thought they were out of bussines. Oh and one more, what are a few good power amps?

Comment

VHT and Mesa make the best power amps.

VHT is the recommended power amp around here. (I'm going to get one)

Comment

I think someone mentioned that another company has bought the MP-1 design and will re-introduce it? Anyway, they can be found used on Ebay and other online guitar forums.

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

I don't know but I heard that the ADA went out of business because their factory and warehouse burned down with all the inventory inside. What a stupid way of losing a great company!...

Dude mp-1s go for US$100 on e-bay at a rate of 10 per day... just grab one... I think that pre-amp is seriously sweet. Only thing about it is that I am not sure if you will ever be able to pull out a brutal sound from it... mp-1 is the 80's hair band trademark sound but I doubt it could be identified with anything heavy.

Comment

Thats what i'm dying for, the 80s sound! But i'm always a little hesitant about buying things used, especially if i cant try it first. Maybe i'll just wait and see if it gets reintroduced, or maybe i'll get one used when i get a better amp. thanks

Comment

It CAN get a crushing sound if you work an external EQ on it. The MP-1 was a stripped-down preamp that was not designed to stand alone. It was minimalistic to preserve the preamp's tone.

Newc

Comment

Originally posted by Gpops:
                      Thats what i'm dying for, the 80s sound! But i'm always a little hesitant about buying things used, especially if i cant try it first.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey dude, buy one... it is like 80 bucks... play with it for a month or so... if you hate it, put it back on e-bay or sell it to me... I will buy it!... I want one... just waiting to get some more cash...

Comment

I agree with Jack. Find a VHT Pitbull. I played one a couple weeks ago. My friend scored it for 500. Yes 500. A complete halfstack with all the original stuff,catalog,reciepts and even the dealers card. Made me sick to my stomach.

Anyway the thing was barely on and it sustained forever. Really I finally muted the note. Anyway great tube amp with great gain/w clarity.

Comment

Working...
                        X