Twister High-Voltage amp pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twister High-Voltage amp pics

This little monster runs about 150v more than the one I built Newc, and uses bigger tubes and bigger transformers. And yeah, it puts out a few more watts... around 12 or so. It can use 6L6 or EL34 power tubes without rebiasing. It's small but mighty! This one has a tighter sound than the lower voltage version, but doesn't get quite as brown. However, you can still crank it and get excellent tones.

Pete

Re: Twister High-Voltage amp pics

Isn't it funny how you can build a 12 watt amp that will blow away a 100 watt head, and do it using about 12 components? Can't wait to hear what this thing sounds like. BTW, when you put together something that sounds like UFOs crashing into the Washington Monument during a SunnO))) concert, I'll be first in line. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Like I always say... it would be nice to see prices...

Comment

Originally posted by rodrigo_echeverri:
        Like I always say... it would be nice to see prices...
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">email me at [email protected]...

Pete

Comment

SWEET!

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

these things are mono, right?...

Comment

Originally posted by rodrigo_echeverri:
              these things are mono, right?...
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yep. The two outputs are different ohms - 8 and 16. I much prefer using different jacks for the output instead of using an impedence selector - you're screwed, blued and tatooed if an impedence selector goes out on your amp. If I find a reasonably priced heavy duty switch for that, I may change my mind, but for now, 1 jack for each different ohm output ;D

Pete

Comment

Working...
              X