No announcement yet.

Line 6 spider and flextone combos?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line 6 spider and flextone combos?????

Anyone own any of these. I'm kinda in a toss up, I really wanted a 5150 but when I was looking at having a $1000 into a rig that will never see a gig since I'm a drummer, I put the whole thing aside. Well now I'm looking in to these since it seems I can get them in the $300-$400 range. All I want is a nice distortion ala evh and a good clean sound like RR on dee. I know these won't sound perfect but since this is only going to be at room level it should plaese me.
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Re: Line 6 spider and flextone combos?????

Well in your situation they really could be a good choice. I played some of them in a music store and wasn't really that happy with their sound. Well that doesn't mean they were really bad. If you expect from them that they rival all amps they modeled after you will be dissapointed.
    But if you like versatility they are cool.
    For myself i really like more one "real deal" than more than a dozen "half deals".

But for a bedroom amp i suppose they are a very cool choice since it's nothing new that a tube amp sounds best when overdriven (and that means LOUD).
    If they deliver the sounds you are looking for, that's something you should test at your own. Line6 is virtually available in every guitar store so there shouldn't be a problem about testing one.

Flo
    http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

If you're going to get one or the other, go for the Flextone. A first generation Flextone will blow a Spider out of the water on any given day. Now that the Flextone III's are out, you can probably even get a Flextone II for pretty decent prices.

I have a fair number of friends who use these live. Don't let the "these amps are a joke" people scare you away from using them. I've been playing them for the last 7 years, and I've been VERY happy with them. I don't play live, but I know what they can do live. Grab one - you'll like it. They don't do everything awesome, but they do most things well. But as with all amps, your ears need to be the judge, so be sure to demo one.

Consider the Rocktron Replitone as well. I also have one of those. It's basically Rocktron's answer to modeling amps.

[ April 28, 2003, 08:14 AM: Message edited by: chris_olson ]

Comment

I have an original Flextone in my livingroom here and it serves it's purpose. If your using it in an aparment or house setting to practice or just mess around the nice thing is you get your sound at very low volume so you won't disturb people. Another alternative for you would be a pod so you can lay idea's on your computer and practice .... I don't think you'll be dissapointed ..
        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I just wanted to say that the other day I sat down with one of these:

http://www.fender.com/cyber/index.php?amplifier=CT

And I really enjoyed the amp.... I think fender did a really cool job on that one.... they are not cheap, but if you find one on e-bay that you can afford I would think you will enjoy this for serious practicing/rehearsing.

Comment

Originally posted by rodrigo_echeverri:
            I just wanted to say that the other day I sat down with one of these:

http://www.fender.com/cyber/index.php?amplifier=CT

And I really enjoyed the amp.... I think fender did a really cool job on that one.... they are not cheap, but if you find one on e-bay that you can afford I would think you will enjoy this for serious practicing/rehearsing.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not in the $300-400 range though...

I was thinking about it a bit more - a Tech 21 Trademark might not be bad either if you aren't worried about onboard effects. They are great sounding amps too!

Comment

Working...
            X