No announcement yet.

Well i just played every mesa and.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Well i just played every mesa and.....

Originally posted by Steve:
    ..... get a peavey XXL man [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ! or if your a tube fanatic get the XXX , both will blow a Boogie away as far as tone and clartity , or any Marshall inless it's hotroded !!! heres the prove the XXL is to the left if your facing your speakers http://www.mp3.com/Severed_Serenity //Steve
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I've heard some recorded rectifier heads that sounded heavier (IMHO, of course) - check out anything off of Dogman by King's X. Now THAT is a heavy tone - and it's dual recto, baby. Also John Petrucci got good tones with his mesas, and of course, metallica did ok with theirs too. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Then again, it's all apples and oranges.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Lesser Known God:
      hahahaha Typical Steve... Always stating his opinion as if it was fact. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Personally, I found the XXX to nasaly for my tastes although it WAS VERY high gain! IT was obvious to me they tried REAL hard to get the Mesa tone and got close too.

XXL's are super nice to! They just don't breath enough for me at high volume levels.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">oh come on you guys love me , I am like the Jackson Import Mascot or something ! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] and I got the XXL thats what I have very cool head dark High gain tone should come through a soildstate amp ! thats just my opinion ! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] and our sound mixes well togther cause Dave is using a nice Heavy tube amp//Steve

Comment

Well , i bought the thing because i tried the EQ and it makes it sound WAY better and bet with some better tubes it will sound even better. I tried running it with stereo on my VHT and it sounds unreal so ill give it a try for alittle. If i find i dont like it all that much ill sell it to one of you guys.

Comment

hey cold.... i still have the rhoads...custom shop

tell me if you change your mind...

also if you sell it...let me be the first to say i want it...thanx..

e-mail....
          [email protected]

Comment

Working...
          X