Seymour Duncan Pickup Colors...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seymour Duncan Pickup Colors...

Does anyone know if you can get Cream Colored Humbuckers from Seymour Duncan.. I need a cream colored Distortion but zebra is the closest thing I can find, and the seymour Duncan site doesn't list all cream as an option.

thanks for any info,

rich

Re: Seymour Duncan Pickup Colors...

Best thing to do would be to call them up and ask. I don't see why they'd have zebra but not cream, or white at least.

Comment

And if they dont have it , paint it [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I believe they can't do double cream, because DiMarzio has some kind of rights to that color, if I remember correctly. There was some kind of discussion about it here last year. Duncan only offers the zebra with cream.

Here's my Carvin with double cream pups. I think Carvin can do double cream because it has more pole pieces. http://carvin.electricshockmusic.com/toejamsc90_1.jpg
        http://carvin.electricshockmusic.com/toejamsc90_2.jpg
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

God damn! Your right about the Dimarzio patent... Happened in 1998 How the hell can you patent a color? Gibson have a double cream humbucker.. wonder how they pulled it off.

Rich

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
            [QB] I believe they can't do double cream, because DiMarzio has some kind of rights to that color, if I remember correctly. There was some kind of discussion about it here last year. Duncan only offers the zebra with cream.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">DiMarzio actually has it a registered trademark, so of course it would be trademark infringement. If you call Seymour Duncan's custom shop they
            can make a p-up with the double creme, but they'll have to ship it with the crome cover soldered on. You'll just have to remove it...

Comment

Cool! That's great to know. Thanks for the info, Junior. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Just buy a Dimarzio and Screw Duncan [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] They offer any color you want and will even give you chrome or gold pole pieces if you want.

Duncan offers all these colors, Red, blue, etc. , But when you order one , 2 months goes by and they say, " Oh by the way, you can only get colors in the standard spacing, not the trembuckers" Idiots!

Besides, Dimarzios return policy is much better. I got one from them and they give you 30 days , not 21, anyway it took a week and a half and I had a new one to my door. Duncan on the other hand took 5 weeks before I got my pickup!
                Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

Working...
                X