Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for that scooped metal tone......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for that scooped metal tone......

I own a Lee Jackson XLA500-50 watt head. It sounds like a modded JCM800. But it's missing that scooped metal tone when I cut the mids out. I was thinking of adding an equalizer (or 4) to the effects loop in the "v" setting to cut out the midrange frequencies. I think Metallica did that (pre Dual Rectifier days) to thier amps. I think they used Boogie Calibers (amongst others) Anyway...any suggestions. Is there a particular equalizer that would work better than others???

Re: Looking for that scooped metal tone......

Furman PQ-3... Awesome scoop and very amplike natural sounding. Just a little noisy, but fine with that amp for sure...

Around $100. I just bought one for 93 dollars..

I use it with my CAE 3+se and VHT2150... I'm very pleased...

Comment

Boss GE-7 in the effects loop v'd out. Put it on the floor and you can also use it as a solo boost.

Comment

Check out the Furman PQ-3 that Cleve mentioned and a BBE Sonic Maximizer. BTW Metallica used Mesa/Boogie Mark II C+ amps with Furman PQ-3s back in the Puppets days, so hopefully that will help ya out.

Comment

Yes...thanks...The sonic maximizer really makes a difference too. I think they just came out with a new model this year. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X