ENGL Fireball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ENGL Fireball

this thing is 60 watts. Are they loud watts? Or would it be mistake getting this amplifier to compete for balance against an Egnater/mesa 50/50 rack setup?

This is a quesiton of my brother's not really mine. Just wondering how loud a 60 watt head can get.

Re: ENGL Fireball

BTT, nobody has ever played one of these little monsters?

my brother is wondering about its volume as he will be getting it after owning a 5150. Which was insanely loud (and noisy). He's wondering if it will be loud enough...but he doesn't expect it to be near as loud as the 5150...just better than. haha He might go powerball as well.

Comment

The 60W Fireball will compete in "loudness" with any 120W head anyday. For example: a 120W head will have a sound intensity of 24.08dB while a 60W head will be putting out a level of 23.78dB. The rule of thumb is: To get a 10dB increase (sound level) you'd need to increase the wattage by 10 times! So for that 24dB the 120W head would be putting out, a 1200W head would bump that up to only about 34dB! Wattage will not affect the sound level much at all.
      That Fireball is an awesome head I played one a few months back and I'd like to get one myself soon when I sell my VHT power amp.

BTW I als have owned a 5150 half stack and combo and the Engl is just as loud.

- Joel

[ May 01, 2003, 06:09 PM: Message edited by: Joel Drabicki ]
      RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
      RIP Dime

Comment

My simul-class Boogie will hurt you... on the 15w setting!
        750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
        Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Working...
        X