Added an external EQ to my Recto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Added an external EQ to my Recto

This morning I hooked up my friend's old school Ibanez GE9 eq pedal thru the effects loop of my Single Recto. Damn, what a difference. It's a 6 band eq w/15 db's of boost and cut. I slightly scooped the 2 mid controls, boosted the 2 lower and higher controls. I didn't do anything dramatic...not a deep V. Man, it sounds killer. I get a lot more sizzle and a great thrashy sound. The bass on the amp is only set to about 9-10 o'clock, mids about the same, and treble around 2-3 o'clock. The eq seemed to eliminate the subtle flub of the Mesa and make it more dimensional.

I played thru a BC Rich, Ibanez, and Jackson. Of course each guitar sounds different but they all sound great.

Re: Added an external EQ to my Recto

Well thats good , i use to have a 31 band eq that i use to use when i had a 5150 and a marshall jcm 800. It made a big difference , but i dont need it anymore since i got a VHT , it has a 6 band eq on it and it sounds unreal when you push the bass and mids.

Comment

Re: Added an external EQ to my Recto

I didn't boost the level on the eq at all but I did run the Mesa's effect loop level at 100%. I'm thinking of boosting the eq level all the way then dialing in the effect loop level slowly to see if i can sublty tweak the sound more.

Just scooping the mids a bit made a HUGE difference. I like the Recto w/o the eq, but with it, there's a whole new dimension. I'm also running an old school Mesa 4x12 cab w/metal grill.

Comment

Working...
      X