jcm2000 opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jcm2000 opinions

well what do you all think about marhsll jcm2000 dsl amps (50 watt version)

not for strick metal, more rawky type music, the one i played was lovely (not best extreme gain, not perfect clean but brilliant in the middle where i want it) but i want to hear what you guys think

David

Re: jcm2000 opinions

They're crapfully built with crappy components.

I don't like the tone myself. But, if you're happy with it, that's what matters. Enjoy it. Many people are also quite happy with them as well.

Comment

Hey I have a DSL100.. I used to hate it actually, but over the last few months I've grown to really like it. EMG's really make the amp sound a lot better imo. Its a good amp for hard rock and maiden style stuff, not the best for metal, though I do play metal on it most of the time [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I like it more than the 800 and 900 series to be honest, the only thing that gets to me is that Marshall fuzzy sound, I may send it to Trace @voodooamps to get rid of it and beef up my tone somewhat. The mids are great, and the deep switch really does at a good thump to your tone, the presence could be smoother. The effects loop works great and it sounds much better at higher volumes obviously. I'm going to be changing my tubes soon enough, to something high quality, that should improve the amps sound quite a bit. Hope that helps.

Comment

I own the DSL 50, and I play guitar > cord > amp, and I hate it sometimes just after a listening to a clip of Cleveland Metals 2150 rig(think thats what he has) it makes you me want to run into a corner and cry. But over all its a nice amp, If you like the tones its putting out, awesome, I actually tried the JCM 900 and the 2000, smae guitar, cab and preffered the JCM 2000 over it. Its not really a metal amp, but its got nice gain, and I really like the Deep switch, adds some balls to it. A good set of pups will really improve the sound - EMG's Dimarzio, SD. If you want more gain thor in a super overdrive, or a TS, really adds the third channel. and for 50 watts, very loud.

Comment

I believe the DSL 50 is an absolutely kick butt head. Almost bought it, but the features of the mighty 40w combo got the better of me [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

For the price there are way better choices.

Comment

For the price there may well be better options, however nobody gets Marshall tone like Marshall(except Trace [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ). I personally did not like the sound of the DSL50 as much as the TSL100.

Comment

I recently inherited a DSL401 that's been used for prolly less than 50 hours and never moved more than 6 feet inside the room it was placed when bought new.
                I'm selling the sucker.
                It sounds too muffled for my taste and the Mid/Reverb knobs are just adornments as they don't serve any purpose. The OD1 and OD2 are equally useless, I ran a Boss ME-33 throught the clean channel.
                I'm playing through an old beat-up Sony stereo these days and the DSL is sitting in a corner waiting for a new owner to call or mail me.

The distorted sound I aim for is something like Entombed - Left Hand Path (not realistic I know) but the DSL sounds like there's a piece of cardboard covering the front.

On a side note:
                considering the sound I aim for, does anyone have a setup I should shoot for when I eventually have the cash for it?

As for right now I'm considering a SS Bandit 112 when I sell the DSL.

Comment

IMHO, it is overpriced and undertoned. There are way better choices out there for the money. Look at Randall and Laney. Even a Fender Roc Pro 1000 sounds like it might do the trick for you.

Comment

Craptacular
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I have the DSL50 and didn't like it at first, but after having a better transformer put in and changing the stock crappy tubes now I love it.

As metioned above , it's not for thrash or death type metal, but for harder rock it's great. I use a tube screamer as a third channel to get an AC\DC type crunch and the gain on channel B gives me an early EVH tone like from his Diver Down era.

If you use a Ge-7 in the loop for only the clean channel, it is capable of some very nice clean tones. The thing I didn't like was the shared EQ, but the Boss Ge-7 took care of it.

I play stuff like Fuel, a little Creed ,Taproot, and also older stuff like Kiss , Ozzy and 80's stuff and it can cover all that just fine.
                      Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeee:
                        I recently inherited a DSL401 that's been used for prolly less than 50 hours and never moved more than 6 feet inside the room it was placed when bought new.
                        I'm selling the sucker.
                        It sounds too muffled for my taste and the Mid/Reverb knobs are just adornments as they don't serve any purpose. The OD1 and OD2 are equally useless, I ran a Boss ME-33 throught the clean channel.
                        I'm playing through an old beat-up Sony stereo these days and the DSL is sitting in a corner waiting for a new owner to call or mail me.

The distorted sound I aim for is something like Entombed - Left Hand Path (not realistic I know) but the DSL sounds like there's a piece of cardboard covering the front.

On a side note:
                        considering the sound I aim for, does anyone have a setup I should shoot for when I eventually have the cash for it?

As for right now I'm considering a SS Bandit 112 when I sell the DSL.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I can get a pretty damn good Entombed sound through my Rivera Tri-channel with a Marshall 4x12 AV top cab and my Sl2H

Comment

And thats not a Marshall JCM-Anything, is it?
                          Well there ya go. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                          X