Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wave file conversion favor (we need a section called: recording)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wave file conversion favor (we need a section called: recording)

Hey guys... I am trying to convert this file:

Always with me and so on...

Into a wave to be able to retrieve it from Guitar Tracks 2.0 and record.

I am using sonic foundry but unfortunately my computer doesnt have the balls to do it... can anyone who has a better machine do it for me?

my e-mail is:

[email protected]

If the file is too large, then I will have to think about how to get it from you... probably I will just gove you access to my ftp folder and you can dump it in there.

[ May 03, 2003, 04:48 PM: Message edited by: rodrigo_echeverri ]

Re: Wave file conversion favor (we need a section called: recording)

Have you tried running it through the SC-88?

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I don't think that I can help you much except to say that you should look on download.com and see if they have a little program on there that will do it, but I second the move to get a section on here called: recording.

Nek

Comment

Here ya go man.... Hope you have wideband...

http://www.clevelandmetalzone.com/mp3/satch.wav

[ May 03, 2003, 09:23 PM: Message edited by: Cleveland Metal ]

Comment

hey John.. I do have wideband but the file is too large for my computer to open it in guitar tracks pro without crashing!.. it says "Out of memory"... is it possible to convert it with way less resolution?.... I am kind of upset at my computer for this... it is not that old!...

[ May 03, 2003, 09:37 PM: Message edited by: rodrigo_echeverri ]

Comment

I only have 512meg of memory... I have no trouble with it in Sonar, or Sonic Foundry.

I converted from 44k 16bit to 22k 16bit... and it's still the same size... Not sure what that's about... hmm

Might be Guitar Tracks being an iffy program. I don't think it was designed to get this serious. I might be wrong though...

Comment

John, what is your sampling rate?... maybe 44K?

Comment

see above post

Comment

oops... sorry, didnt see the rate.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I got it to work!... thanks man I owe you another one!...

I simply mixed down the stereo file to a mono and then my computer didn't complain anymore.

Comment

All: I got a bass today... it is an Ibanez Sabre SB-900... prety sweet stuff... I am doing my own bass lines now!... I only paid US$200 for the thing and it actually sounds pretty cool.

Newc: I did hook the DR-5 and the SC-88 together and there was nothing obvious going on... I am going to have to read and read... Midi is a whole new trip for me.

You mentioned that I could control the SC-88 frmo the computer using Guitar tracks 2.... have you done this before?... how exactly do you dot it?.. what have you done it for?...etc, etc...

[ May 03, 2003, 10:11 PM: Message edited by: rodrigo_echeverri ]

Comment

ahhhhhhhhhhggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....

Now it works but only the first 1:30 play!... my Sonic Foundry doesn't open the rest of it!...

John, can you please mix it down to a mono file with the same res and sampling rate you had before and re-post it in that link?... the file will be the same size but for some reason my computer likes those better.

sorry, I thought it would work but my backing tracks died in the middle of my recording!... I was soo excited... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

If everything fails I will have to change to sonar.. I have it somewhere here.

[ May 03, 2003, 10:46 PM: Message edited by: rodrigo_echeverri ]

Comment

mono 22k 16 bit it is... cut size in half

Just use that same link above....

Uploading now, give it a moment to get there... prolly take 20 minute it looks at the 14kbs upload speed...

Comment

Hey John... listen to the file now, do you notice anything strange?.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Wellll... Umm.. You gotta start slow?.... Doh..

I'll figure it out in the morn... It's really late...

Ugh...

Comment

Wow!! Even I can play Satriani at that speed!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X