remember when ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remember when ?

remember when I thought my ****ing line 6 combo was the best thing since sliced cheese ? we'll I'll be the 1st to say ****ing moron ! **** I was lazy back then ........ thinking a combo could compete with a 4 12 rigg ........ what a ****ing dick I was I mustta been Drunk or some thing , no there is NO subsitute for a 4 / 12 rigg I have tryed ! buy one at any cost ! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] //Steve

Re: remember when ?

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] yeah I totally remember.. you and Vince went head to head about all that stuff.. got pretty wild haha..

Comment

......... I was being lazy or something man! **** I have no Idea what I was thinking [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I was on some meds to help me stop smoking [not that it worked [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ] at the time and it makes ya real moody [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] **** I heard of a guy who took the same stuff and tackled a B.Q. on his sun deck that he thought was a intruder ! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ****ing very strange stuff ! anyway I was still pretty dumb to think that about the ****ing amp ! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] also thats around the same time I picked a fight with aaron small about a review on the brave board [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] they still don't like me there ! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

Our drummer's girlfriend (or maybe it was her bandmate -- both are drool-worthy guitarists) was all hung up on getting a Line 6 head. From what he tells me, she bought it, of course paying way too much and not even comparing it to other amps.

"So, how many of the models does she actually use?"

"One, two if you count clean."

I just don't get it. Now, in a cover band or more of a straight up rock band, I could see the point, but not in a metal band.
        sigpic

Comment

For practice at home they are great. For live and loud gigging, you need the big amps.

Comment

and that stupid digi delay between channels ****ing sucks hey ? you figure for the money that you spend for some of that stuff they'd fix that ! cheap bastards ! anyway I am totally happy with me Behringer cab and my XXL head , it blows anything away that I have tryed in the last 2 or 3 years best match I have ever had for head and cab !//Steve

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable:
              For practice at home they are great. For live and loud gigging, you need the big amps.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I dunno man, a Vetta is pretty loud. the only thing that keeps me from buying one is the price and the fact that they are just going to get better from here. A friend of mine has one... and it sounds GREAT.

Pete

Comment

When I've played the Vettas, they sounded decent, but I never cranked one. I think they are a little bit intimidating with SO MANY controls at your disposal, it just looks like a nightmare to try and learn completely. However, I have a friend that plays in a stoner/doom/Neurosis-ish kind of band, and he used to do the stomp-box shuffel all night long, now he has his foot-controller set up so that he just pushes the pedals in order throughout the set and all the sounds he's programmed are right there. And when he first got that thing, he played it LOUD, he completely drowned out our PA, and the drummer was lifting his sticks over his head to hit hard enough to be heard over it!!

Incidentally I was supposed to fill in for him on an upcoming tour, and the thing I was most concerned about was trying to get his sound, and get my pedal tapping down to an art.

[ May 05, 2003, 03:20 AM: Message edited by: Ace ]

Comment

Originally posted by Steve:
                  what a ****ing dick I was ! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] //Steve
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No argument here! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] hehehe J/K [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

You had the Spider, right? I actually thought they were pretty decent sounding, at least the one I played in GC one time. I'm sure it doesn't sound all that great loud, but at low volumes they're pretty good, plus you could always mic it for a show.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I played a Vetta halfstack at Guitarmageddon.. and it sounded amazing!!!

The XXL heads also sound amazing man.. great choice! One of the best solid state heads I've heard in a while.

Comment

remember when I thought my ****ing line 6 combo was the best thing since sliced cheese ? we'll I'll be the 1st to say ****ing moron !
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not like us tube heads didn't try to warn yas... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I saw Michael Romeo using the Vetta, and although passable, what a waste for such a virtuoso like him to be sounding like that... Up close it was seemingly ok, but farther back in the hall, it sounded more and more horrible. No projection. He laughed and said he didn't use it for the CDs and His bass player hates it.

Is that XXL what you used on that MP3 list you put up??? That's pretty serious...

Comment

Steve where did you get your XXL head, I haven't tried one of the ' newer peaveys' , I have a 1972 Peavey something that sounds nice, but nothing newer.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon:
                          Steve where did you get your XXL head, I haven't tried one of the ' newer peaveys' , I have a 1972 Peavey something that sounds nice, but nothing newer.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I got her at axe when they closed , the sales guy sold it to me cheap cause there was 2 days left till closing and it was brand new out of the box as well the best head I have ever had or tryed , I tryed a riverra knuklehead a mesa single recto and a new marshall vs 100 watt with fx's and one of those mg series as well and a bunch of tech 21 stuff and that XXL head blew em all away for heavy metal stuff anyway , and it sounds good and I can get my sound/tone through any cab . great head I was lucky I tryed it cause I allmost didn't . //Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal:
                            </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> remember when I thought my ****ing line 6 combo was the best thing since sliced cheese ? we'll I'll be the 1st to say ****ing moron !
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not like us tube heads didn't try to warn yas... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I saw Michael Romeo using the Vetta, and although passable, what a waste for such a virtuoso like him to be sounding like that... Up close it was seemingly ok, but farther back in the hall, it sounded more and more horrible. No projection. He laughed and said he didn't use it for the CDs and His bass player hates it.

Is that XXL what you used on that MP3 list you put up??? That's pretty serious...
                            </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yep thats what I used and wana know something else the Gain was only on 5 ! lol ! //Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Word:
                              I played a Vetta halfstack at Guitarmageddon.. and it sounded amazing!!!

The XXL heads also sound amazing man.. great choice! One of the best solid state heads I've heard in a while.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">shes a keeper thats forsure ! I used all stock pu's on that recording as well , I can't wait to hear how good it sounds with some duncans or some emg's , the head sounds pretty cool compared to a tube amp , cause on the ultra channel it's got a 20 db bass boost so it's really punchy like a tube amp , it's got 3 switchable amp sounds in each channel , 3 channels in total and a foot switchable fx loop . //Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X