FREE POWER ATTENUATOR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FREE POWER ATTENUATOR

One of the products I'm going to have on my website is a hot-plate/power soak/whatever the heck you want to call it for lower wattage amps.

If you have an under 15 watt amp that is too loud and you'd like to have a way to crank the power section, then email me at [email protected]. This is a power soak, so you can get the power tubes cooking at a nice low volume.

I'm only giving one away, and I need a playtester. I've tried it out with my Fender Champs (both of em) and I think it works/sounds great, but I don't have any pals around here with crazy low-watt amps. If your amp is over 15 watts, FORGET IT - it will work, but could damage your amp. The lower wattage your amp is, the better. FYI, after I built the first one, I found a pic of the guts of a Univalve - including the built in hot plate. It's the same thing from what I could see.

I don't consider this spam because I'm *giving* something away... ok, I will want comments /gripes / etc after you've played with it, but it's yours to keep.

I already have one built, and it could be yours! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Pete

Re: FREE POWER ATTENUATOR

MINE! MINE! MINE! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Hey Pete, the hot-plate in the Univalve is this the same as they sell seperate ? Is it for 100 watts ? If so can you somehow make a schematic of it ? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I would be interested in building one but so far i only have found a schematic for the Marshall powerbrake.

Also, have you received my email with the mic preamp schematics ? I have sent it some days ago.

Flo
      http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

Originally posted by Infernal Death:
        Hey Pete, the hot-plate in the Univalve is this the same as they sell seperate ? Is it for 100 watts ? If so can you somehow make a schematic of it ? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I would be interested in building one but so far i only have found a schematic for the Marshall powerbrake.

Also, have you received my email with the mic preamp schematics ? I have sent it some days ago.

Flo
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">There is a *huge* difference between a low wattage 'hot plate' and a higher wattage one. On a low wattage amp, you don't have to dissipate as much heat/energy, so the parts are a LOT smaller and cheaper.

Also, a smaller amp being attenuated sounds better, or so they say.

One clarification - I really would like whoever gets this to also have a higher wattage amp and a hotplate, so they can compare how the attenuators affect the tone. And if they had a few different low wattage amps, all the better.

Pete

Comment

Yeah, and a bassman 100 would NOT be a good fit, because of the wattage - anything over 15 watts would be bad news for the attenuator and the amp.

And, to use this with one of the amps I built wouldn't give me much for comparison, since I've tested yours and Newc's with it. BTW, it works well with Twisters. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

Which means NOT MINE! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Hey, somebody step up and grab this thing (but you need to presently own a high watt amp and an attenuator for A/B tonal comparisons between a high watt/attenuator rig and the low watt/attenuator rig) [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
            I can't help with this one as I have no attenuator and only one low watt amp - so speak up people! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
            C'mon, it's free! Cleve, I know you got a power brake on that CAE - lend a hand [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Pete, I've got a Bassman 100 that I could test it with. (along with the Twisteramp "Special" that is soon to be mine)
              Let me know!
              Brian

EDIT: Sorry, didn't read your second post. I don't have a hotplate to compare it with. DOH!

[ May 04, 2003, 12:23 PM: Message edited by: Swillmaster ]

Comment

Lemme ask my guitarist Lou; he just got a hot plate & a Marshall 1/2 stack. I'll see if he has a tiny amp too.
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                X