vht

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vht

im lookin to get a vht pitbull ul this summer preferably used, whats a good price to pay for this amp used?

also, basically im just looking for a good metal/death metal amp, will this do the trick?

Re: vht

Jack (Slayer) might have something to say about that...

Comment

I own a VHT UL and its a great amp for anything from jazz to death metal. I payed 2500$ but used you can get around 2000$ to 1800$

Comment

I have a 1993 VHT Pittbull CL-100 Combo, I really love it. It has 2-12 inch Celestion Classic Lead 80`s and they rock hard!! I wouldn`t classify the VHT Pittbull as a Death Metal amp, maybee with the right cabinet, but it does the 80`s era Speed Metal sound to a T. If you want a pic, email me at [email protected] The VHT Pittbull is a very high gain amp with very strong me=ids and highs, but the lows are alright, just make sure you get the Graphic EQ if you get one, makes a world of difference in sounds you can produce. Jack.

Comment

I suspect this is cab related. Hook that amp through a closed back 4x12 and your lows will be there. The other guitarist in my band uses a VHT UL through a Mesa 4x12 and has plenty of lows for modern music.

Comment

yeah, I mentioned that to Jack before about the 4x12 cab. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Mine was a great amp for metal, just too much for the stuff I'm doing now. The Egnater gets aggressive if you want it, but is a lot more versatile for me. However, a VHT is a great amp if you're doing metal or want a really aggressive tone.

Pete

Comment

Ya Pete, I am deffinately getting a 4x12 Closed Back cabinet soon. Which one do you recommend for the old Metallica-Slayer-Testament stuff, think Master Of Puppets Hell Awaits stuff? Thanks-Jack.

Comment

I'd get the old tried and true Marshall cab. easy to find, fairly cheap, and they sound great. I prefer ones with G75s, but a friend of mine has a good sounding cab with vintage 30s. The G75s have less mids and more high end, which I prefer.

Pete

Comment

Thanks Pete, I will look into that one [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Thanks man-Jack.

Comment

Jack, if you can find a Celestion G65 loaded cabinet, grab it. The best speakers Celestion has ever made IMHO.

Comment

I'll echo that recommendation. The one constant in my setup for over a decade has been my trusty Marshall 4x12 w/ Celestion 65's. I recently picked up another.

Comment

what about the greenbacks?
                        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Greenbacks are great for vintage tones, but I think for anything more modern, the higher powered Celestions are all better choices. You'll get more bass and crisper tighter sound from them, plus you don't have to worry about them blowing up.

Comment

Working...
                          X