Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multiefect

Hi everybody i need some advise...
    i'm thinking of buying a guitar multiefect processor.
    i'm looking for one that will have all the efects known to man and also have the ability of programming new ones.
    it has to be versatile - form a mind blowing destortion to crystal cleen.
    its got to be computer friendly for home recording.
    and also it has to be one that i can take on stage.
    but most importent it has to sound grrreeeeaaatttt
    i was thinking about the ZOOM GFX8
    what do you people think....
    any advise is welcome

Re: multiefect

How much do you want to spend? What style of music do you play? Your not going to get a multi-effects unit that I personally would take onstage with me for less than $800. Generally speaking, the more different effects a unit does, the worse it is at them. Harmony Central GFX-8 Review

Comment

You didn't provide a hint as to how many effects you'd need.
      As far as I'm concerned my Boss ME-33 has more than enough and sounds great (read the rave reviews on Harmony-Central). Above all though, it is such a breeze to program. It took me just 30min. to get the hang of it and then you realize just how intuitive it's been shaped and formed, all the buttons and the back-lit LCD together make for a very easily adjusted unit.
      It only has 1/8" and 1/4" plugs for connecting stuff so no MIDI connector and such. I got myself a 1/4" stereo-plug-to-RCA cable to connect to audio equipment.

Comment

I'd agree w/ Ace...more info is needed. Although a unit such as the Boss GT-6 seems to be highly regarded.

BTW Ace, you screwed up your link...here it is

http://www.harmony-central.com/Effec.../GFX_8-01.html

[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I've got a GT-6 that's wonderful.
          I've tried the other two mentioned here and the GT-6 is definately the one to have.

Comment

here is more info...
            basicly my music style is trash / speed metal bands like megadeth metallica pantera and all the others.
            i also like guitar players like Vai Malmsteen Satriani Gilbert and other shreders.
            most of the time i play heavy and shred but i also like to play the blus and more softer rock.

i need a multi more for home use but one that can also kick as on stage.

as for effects - the more the better.... i think
            some people have told me to forget about multi and buy each one separately - it will sound better. what do you think?

anyway my limit is around 300$

thanks again

Comment

with your price limit in mind I would buy a Boss GT-3 used on ebay. It will do what you want and there is a wealth of resources on the net. Many, many patches are available for download.

JOHN

Comment

I have been a VERY unhappy owner of almost all possible floor-based units mentioned above.

I have a rack now and all I can say about digitech and boss is I don't ilke them (IMHO)

For $300 I would really, really, really! try to get this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=23790

It can't get more praise around here!... good preamp + good effets!.... BEST bang for the buck by far.

[ May 07, 2003, 12:29 PM: Message edited by: rodrigo_echeverri ]

Comment

oh! and another personal favorite that you can assemble is a rack consisting of ADA mp-1 + 422A BBE maximizer + Alesis Quadraverb. Guaranteed to sound good in studio and live!... everybody and their mother used that in the late 80's/early 90's...

A rack like that will cost you US$250, maybe US$300 including the case but it will be sooo much better than a GT-3!... believe me, been there done that!...

Comment

sure thats a nice preamp, but the original premise was "all the FX known to man". And computer friendly for home recording is also mentioned. Please read the orig post before slamming someones advice Mr Been There Done That. I have been there as well. FYI, I still have an MP-1 which I dont know why I keep, cuz it sounds like ass and I never use. My GT-3 is a great little rig, very versatile and a good choice for what the orig poster is asking for and well within his price range.

JOHN

Comment

thanks rodrigo and everybody

Comment

you are welcome man, feel free to ask any questions:

[email protected]

all you will get is MY opinion though ... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by thenine:
                          FYI, I still have an MP-1 which I dont know why I keep, cuz it sounds like ass and I never use.
                          JOHN
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hi John, may I ask what you don't like about the MP-1? I'm shopping around for a preamp like that and all I heard were good things about it. I'd like to hear from you as your input would be appreciated!
                          Thanks,
                          Dave->
                          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Here are some suggestions from a guy who has stepped on practically everything:
                            Korg AX1000G
                            Behringer V-AMP 2 (you can bypass the preamps and just use it for effects)
                            POD XT
                            Rocktron Intellifex
                            I had a Zoom pedal that did so much stuff it would even change my strings and make me a sandwich once in a while. I think it was a GF707 or something like that. The Behringer is very nice by the way and really cheap.

Comment

Dave, I don't know why he speaks that way about the mp-1... all I know is that you will be very happy if you have setup like this:

1) EQ before
                              2) EQ after
                              3) BBE Maximizer

The mp-1 is a good base but it does need help. It is a nice little classic piece of equipment.

The mp-1's tone will always depend on the tubes you put in it!.... that's why some people say there are some that are 'dogs'...

However, I don't feel the mp-1 would be the way to go for metal...

[ May 07, 2003, 02:21 PM: Message edited by: rodrigo_echeverri ]

Comment

Working...
                              X