Quadraverb reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quadraverb reviews

I have a Voodu valve in my rack and it rules!... however, that doesnt prevent me from trying new stuff, does it?...

I would like to know your opinions on the various versions of the Quadraverb... they are just soo cheap that I have been trying to hold the trigger on e-bay waiting for the master's opinions here at the JCF.

Please, by all means be opinionated...

Thanks,

Rodrigo

Re: Quadraverb reviews

The Quad was a great box, both for it's time and a good deal beyond it. I used one until 2001, and the chorus is really nice.

Having said that, I wouldn't bother. The newer stuff sounds a hell of a lot better, and doesn't strip off the high end like the quad.

Mike
    Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

My other guitarist still swears by his original Quadraverb. It does color your sound a bit - MUCH less transparent than the newer stuff. But hell -it is still a great sound.
      For a similar price, you may be able to get a used Intellifex or Intellifex LTD by Rocktron - I used to have one. They allow you to program "spillover" delay, so when you switch from solo to rhythm, the notes don't get cut off, and also have "ducking", where if you have a long delay and play a fast passage, the delay doesn't kick in until you hold a note for longer than the delay is set for. Keeps it nice and clean - plus it has a built-in noise gate.

Comment

I got one new on 89 I think. I love,great eq's, great chorus, nice delays. It is still in my rack today, not one promblem.
        www.kiddhavok.com
        www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

I used a Quadraverb Plus with my ProGAP back in the day. The effects are alright, but it colors your sound a lot. Also, even though it has stereo imputs it isn't true stereo. I forget exactly how that works.

After I started using the Voodu pre-amps, it didn't add much. Mostly, I only use some delay for leads. The Voodu delays were better, so the QV got banished to the basement. It's still there gathering dust.

edit: anybody want one? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ May 08, 2003, 09:10 AM: Message edited by: ElectricPhase ]
          This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

a tone sucking monster.. stay away.

dave

Comment

Working...
            X