Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carvin Quad X?...

One more guys...

What do you know about this tube preamp?... did you ever own or try one?.... how was the tone?...

Re: Carvin Quad X?...

It is the best preamp that I have ever used and I continue to use one. Very similar to the Mesa Quad. It has tons of features that are all useable and when powered by a tube power amp it is a monster. 5 effects loops, all kinds of memory functions, a great floorboard and 9 preamp tubes. It goes from dead on perfect Fender clean to Soldano SLO and everything in between. Long tail reverb, programmable loops, channel cloning, etc... it has it all. Rumour has it that Carvin had to stop making them because of a pending lawsuit from Mesa.

Comment

The last time I was in the Roseville, MN Music-Go-Round they had one of these for a pretty reasonable price. It's been a couple of weeks, but it may still be there. They post all of their stuff on the Music-Go-Round website, so you can check it there. Just FYI.

Comment

Originally posted by rstites:
        The last time I was in the Roseville, MN Music-Go-Round they had one of these for a pretty reasonable price. It's been a couple of weeks, but it may still be there. They post all of their stuff on the Music-Go-Round website, so you can check it there. Just FYI.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I popped in there yesterday and I didn't see it.

Comment

yeah, I just did a search... gone!...

Now that you guys mention it, these things do totally look like Mesa ripoffs!... that's ok with me as they sell for like 1/10th the price of the real thing and seem to be as good or better ... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I was wrong, the Quad X in Minneapolis is on ebay right now listed as Item #2529598377...

Comment

you got mail bro...

Comment

I picked one up cheap at GC in Seattle and it is a killer pre. Stereo Master Effects loop and seperate loops for each channel!! The cleans (channel 1 and 2) are pristine and worth the cost of the pre alone. I haven't found much use for Channel 3 (any ideas) and channel 4 just rips. Not a fan of the reverb but the 5 band EQ is very handy as well as the boost, recording out etc. I could go on and on. It is the sleeper hit of the day and I have some sweet pre's to compare it to. One more thing the manual is fantastic! I'm done.

Comment

I agree, I picked one up at a pawn shop here in Reno last year, one killer pre-amp,it get's just about any type of tone you want, and loaded with features, go to Carvin's website and download the manual, and check it out, good stuff. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Awesome preamp for short money...I played one with a Mesa Boogie 50/50 thru a Recto 4x12 and it really scream. Even the bored sales clerk freaked when he heard it.

Comment

I have onbe and I love it. Best preamp I have heard. I run it with a Tube 100 power amp and carvin 2 x 12's.

Comment

Working...
                      X