No announcement yet.

I found my Holy Grail of Speaker Cabs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found my Holy Grail of Speaker Cabs!

Sorry, just HAD to get on here and let everyone know how pumped I am about my newest purchase!

I recently ordered a new Genz Benz G-Flex 2X12 cab. I got it in yesterday and took it to practice with me. This cab is replacing a Vintage 30 equipped Marshall 4x12 so I was a little skeptical that it could handle it.

My original plan was to check the 2x12 out and if it managed alright, I'd order another one. However, to my surprise, the 2x12 is ALL I NEED! The clarity and Bass Response from this cab is unbelievable! I was having some "Fart" issues with my 4X12 when using the low contour on my BBE 482i, not anymore! Best purchase I've made in a long time!

If you're in the market for a 2x12, do yourself a favor and give these things a shot!

Re: I found my Holy Grail of Speaker Cabs!

Troy, that is a great cabinet. I have used them live a few times. I use 2x12 cabinets myself after switching from Mesa 4x12's and Marshall 4x12's. I use 2 Randall 2x12 cabs loaded with Altec Lansing 300w white frames. They are the same speakers that Randy Rhoads used live. Heavy as hell and really expensive but well worth it. No farting at all with my 7 strings. I like the option of having 2 cabinets because at practice and at some gigs I only need 1 cabinet. The cabs you have are just about as good as it gets. NICE!!!

Comment

DOH!
      Somebody else is stepping up to my fave...

I've got two of the G-flex 2x12's and am searching for two more...
      My couple 4x12's just sit around now.
      Not only do they look cool as hell, they sound great!!

Comment

The Genz Benz GFlex 2x12's have replaced my old mesa 2x12's. With the Mesa's I had the same issue - farting out on my 7 string - had to re-EQ, and lost a ton of bottom.
        I run an ENGL Savage 120 through 2 of those GB cabs... serious tone.
        They usually go for $350-450 used on ebay. Great buy ! Enjoy

Comment

Pics? mp3s? Please.

Nek

Comment

Troy glad you liked the cab. Unfortunately I picked one up also and didnt like it. Got rid of it a day later. I liked the way it was setup/built, just IMO the tightness just wasnt there.
            www.myspace.com/mortality

Comment

Cool, what do those usualy go for ?

Matt

Comment

i still think that mesa recto vertical 2x12 is the best cab i've ever played through.
                Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Matt had a Mesa 2x12 and I loved it. But this is actually better imho.

Nek: Sorry, no way of recording it right now, but my new band will be recording a demo fairly soon and I'm think ALL of the guitars will be through this cab. Here's a pic of 2 of them stacked: http://www.genzbenz.com/images/page/GB212.jpg

Comment

Working...
                  X