DOD Juice Box, anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOD Juice Box, anyone?

I know they aren't made anymore, but a local guitar shop has a new one for $59.00. I keep hearing great things about them. Anybody have any experience with these?
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Re: DOD Juice Box, anyone?

I love the DOD Juice Box! I got one off ebay a few years ago. I bought another one from a forum member a few months back. Those things are awesome... DOD's version of a Tube Screamer. They are made to be used with an already distorted amp, and they really push your sound over the top!! The treble and bass controls are great, and it seems like there's a tiny bit of midrange already built in. They sound pretty decent as the only form of overdrive into a clean amp, but it's definitely made to push the amp over the top in the gain department by cranking the drive control. If you already use a distortion pedal instead of your amp's distortion, it's still the ideal pedal to put in front of it. I swear by the Juice Box!!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I could never get over the stupid names that DOD gave their stomp boxes, that's why I've always bought BOSS(except for my tube Screamer). They get them pretty often in used at my favorite music store(Black Market Music on La Cinenega, EVERYTHING USED, EVERYTHING CHEAP!!), but they are always beat to hell, and it doesn't look like they take any more abuse than other pedals, they just can't seem to handle it. Did I mention that I hate the stupid names? I picked up a "Milk Box"(WTF? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] ) and the controls were somthing like "Cream" "Pasteurization" and sh!t like that. I stared at it for like 5 minutes until the guy working there saw my predicament and told me it was a compressor.

Comment

Yeah, the names of some of those were stupid as hell! The controls on the Juice Box are Sweet (level), Pulp (bass), Tang (treble) and Juice (drive). I bought a little Marshall practice amp off ebay a couple years ago, and the guy included a free Ice Box Chorus pedal. It sounds okay, but it mostly collects dust and makes a good paperweight, and I can't even remember what the stupid control names are on that one. I think some later models had changed the names back to normal and then were discontinued.

[ May 09, 2003, 01:06 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah, looking at one of those things there is simply NO WAY of telling what the hell it is without either looking it up, or plugging it in and trying to finger it out for yourself.

Comment

Working...
          X