Not bashing Marshall anymore...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not bashing Marshall anymore...

I am going to stop bashing Marshall amplifiers from now on... the reason for my change of heart there is that I sat down for a long while with a JCM2000 today and after tweaking and tweaking I did get some really good tones... it is still too bright to my ears but I have to admit that if you like that the Marshall might be able to fulfill you very much...

I continue to be a Mesa lover though....

[ May 08, 2003, 10:54 PM: Message edited by: rodrigo_echeverri ]

Re: Not bashing Marshall anymore...

AAAAaaaaaaaggggghhhhhh!!!! NNNooooooooo!!!!

I'm sorry bro. But, that amp is the most fartful crapfully built amp ever commited to a schematic in the world of higher quality amps!!! I've played them a lot and I can't give it any credit other than Marshall sure is raking some dough in on the horridly built POS. Those guys are downright evil!!

You weren't smoking anything or whatever just prior to that event were you?

I think an intervention is needed for Rodrigo... He needs our help...

Comment

I've heard several crappy ones, and one TSL that sounded really really good. I still think the quality is subpar, however.

Pete

Comment

yeah they vary in sound quite often, I've heard a good TSL, but in my old band my other guitarists TSL sounded horrible. I guess its just a matter of luck sometimes, even though their best ones won't even sound that good. I have a DSL, its ok, I can get by with it.. but if I had the money I'd definetely move onto something else.

Comment

I had a TSL 100 lemon, and now a kick ass DSL combo, I love Marshalls.

Hey Rodrigo you're starting to see the light! hahaha just kid'n to each his own on amps [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey, I dont know what the one I played ate but it did sound quite ok (I didnt say I was blown away or anything though!)...

However, after trying that I played through a Soldano SLO-100... that IS a NICE amp!... holy ****... poor Marshall!... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[ May 09, 2003, 03:05 AM: Message edited by: rodrigo_echeverri ]

Comment

Working...
            X