I need some help makeing up my mind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some help makeing up my mind

Ok this guy i know who owns a bar down here wants to buy my VHT UL and the Mesa Duel Rect i have. Now at first i was thinking hell no for the VHT but then i remember the Diezel VH4. Now all i got to play on the Diezel was the clean because i didnt have enough time to go into lead or anything else. I went back to the same place who had the Diezel he said that it was gone because it was the owners. Now i was wondering has anyone played one and thought it was better than a VHT UL , because from what i heard and seen its the holy grail of amps. Please someone help because the guy wants to know within this weekend.

[ May 09, 2003, 12:49 AM: Message edited by: ColdVayne ]

Re: I need some help makeing up my mind

I think you might want to check out the Diezel Herbert, too. I heard and played both at NAMM and personally liked the Herbert a lot more. The Herbert had better play feel to me, harmonics screamed out of the thing at any volume, I've never felt quite that way before with any amp head I've played. And its sound is more the old thrash metal sound I go for--overall more clarity, crispness, openness. The VH4 was more "nu metal" to my ears. I dunno, maybe that's what you want, though, to each their own.

Comment

Yeah i was checking out the Herbert to , i want something with the most gain and brutality [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] , does anyone know which amp is more brutal and high gain??

Comment

i own herbert number 20, peter diezel is a great guy and his customer service is second to none. He hangs out on harmony central if you ever wanna chat to him

The herbert is voiced more towards the metal player, super fast transient attack and ultra tight. It will have a similar feel to your UL only with a lot more depth and punch. The clean is also ultra deep and channel 2 covers an immense sonic range, from delta blues to 80s thrash and hair metal to Death metal rhythm. Channel 3 is punishing, i play death metal and its all i could want from an amp. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. The harmony central amp forum has a lot of diezel users who will be able to do a good comparison for you.

James

Comment

Working...
        X