Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sticky Topics

Hey guys -

I've been invited by the Admins to post a sticky once a month on amp related stuff. So...

what do you want to see discussed?

Thanks!

Pete

Re: Sticky Topics

which tubes produce what kind of tones?

Comment

Not sure if this is the kind of thing you'll be doing, but I'd like to hear an expert talk about EQing guitar sounds. What I mean is how different combinations of cuts and boosts at specific frequencies will affect your sound. Most of us get there by trial and error, but I'm wondering if there's a science to it.
      This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

I don't if this is possible but:

I would like to learn how certain guitarists get a certain sound... not just amps I guess but also effect tweaking...

for example:

- Eric Johnson's clean sound
        - Vito Bratta Lead sound
        - Andy timmons' mild bluesy distortion
        - Maiden's rhythm sound
        - Megadeth's rust in peace lead

Comment

I agree with Lev. I would like too hear of the differences in types and brands of preamp tubes and the differences in sounds between power tubes
          like how a 6L6 differs in sound and effect from say a EL34. I beleive Pete is a hands down authority in this department and is great at putting things in laymen terms for tube ignorents
          such as myself.

Ric

Comment

Yes, starting with the difference in Tube types and brands would be very cool place to begin [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Pete......go into things that we here about first ,but, some of us really dont know about...like simple mods, re-biasing to make it "hot" or "cold", basic maintanance, tone tips ( you know how everyone wants to crank the bass, and gain to 11), etc.-Lou
              " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

hmmmm... it would also be cool to hear a song clip recorded with different amps...

Comment

A good How To section would be nice, and a simple trouble shooting quide, ie if your amp is doing this or this it COULD be this.

Comment

Pete- tube selection vs. tone is an excellent idea. I would also like a how to section re-biasing etc., also and I am not sure if this would not be better suited in another section but how about micing cabs? And definately something on running effects i.e. series, parrallel and what should be run first, second, third etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X