Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 50/50 compared to the Marshall 9100

I dont know about the Marshall...

The 50/50 is a great power amp... BUT the best sounding Mesa amp I ever heard is the 20/20...

Depends what you are looking for... in my case I only care for great tone at reasonable volumes...

The 20/20 is very tight and very responsive... it is just lovely... The 50/50 is too "rough" even in the low power mode...

[ May 09, 2003, 08:16 PM: Message edited by: rodrigo_echeverri ]

Re: Mesa 50/50 compared to the Marshall 9100

If you can afford to own them both at the same time, I'd say to look the MESA over. You'll know quickly as to which you like better i think.

The MESA is constructed tremendously better and with markedly better components.

I've had Marshall rack amps like the EL34 100/100 and they seem ok as far as sound I guess. But, again, are badly constructed and are a bit of technicians nightmare to repair.

I'd say the MESA is a comparably better piece. I was quite amazed going from the 100/100 to a VHT2150.

Comment

Mesa 50/50 compared to the Marshall 9100

Currently i have a Marshall 9100 power amp. But i have the possibility to buy a Mesa 50/50 ok cheap.

Could you tell me a bit about the sound of the Mesa? Maybe compared to the Marshall. Would i get a deeper, tighter bass out of the Mesa? Tell me what you think.
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Working...
      X