boss eq GE7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boss eq GE7

I just picked up a used one yesterday and man this thing is cool. Im really digging it. I havent completely finished fine tuning it but its awesome. Its a bit noisey, is anyone elses like that? these things rule.

Re: boss eq GE7

The GE-7 is a great first EQ. It is cheap and quality built. From there you might as well go big time, but the GE-7 is a great place to start, and they are a little noisy, but they are less than $100 New, so some noise I would think is normal. Jack.

Comment

I was thinking of getting an MXR Six Band EQ or a GE7.

The GE7 is a lot cheaper, but I've heard really good stuff about MXR.

What are the pros/cons of both of these equalizers?

Comment

The boss is pretty simple to use. I dig it cuz it was cheap and easy to use. Gives me an awesome sound and it is also helping me learn about eqs and stuff.

Comment

I've had one for years and really love it. To answer your question, yes, it's noisy. Not terribly so, but it has a noticeable hiss. The sweet crunch it gives makes it worth a bit of hiss, though.
          Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

I also have a GE7. Don't use it very much because I like it simple with just a guitar and an amp, but it's an ok equalizer. And yes, it's noisy

Comment

I did not find it that noisy, as long as I was using the pedal more to cut frequencies as opposed to boosting them.

Comment

Nothing that a cheap noise gate couldn't fix. I don't use mine as much anymore but I love mine.
                www.kiddhavok.com
                www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

I really like mine and might look into a noise gate but its not like killing me now cuz if you play metal there is a lot of noise anyways. I dig it and will keep or upgrade to a nicer eq. but it certainly does its job.

Comment

Working...
                  X