4x12 Cabinets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4x12 Cabinets

I've been using Marshall 4x12's with the 75watt speakers for about 15 years now and was thinking about trying something new. Does anyone here use the Genz Benz stuff? And if so, how does it compare to the Marshall stuff. Does anyone have any other cabinet ideas? Thanks

Re: 4x12 Cabinets

I just recently have been converted to the Mesa Rectifier cabs. Before them I was playing through some Marshall Jubilee cabs. They were getting pretty beat up so I had to retire them [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

So far the Mesa cabs completely kick ass. They respond well to my rack and sound pretty close to the celestion vintage series that are in some of the Marshall Jubilees.
    www.myspace.com/mortality

Comment

I have a Mesa 4x12 loaded with 2 celestion 90W Celestion Black Shadows and two 200W EV Black Shadows. I really like the sound I get from it, it's real tight sounding.

Comment

I've recently been converted from Marshall to Genz-Benz. I went from a Marshall 4x12 1960BV (Vintage 30's), to a 2x12 G-Flex and it actually sounds BETTER! I'm still gonna get a 2nd one shortly just for the increased headroom.

Comment

i swear by my mesa vertical recto 2x12
          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I swear by Madison... best bang for the buck... a 2x12 is like US$220 and a 4x12 like $350.... you can't beat that!... they sound the same as Mesa to my ears!...

Comment

I have a Madison 2x12 and it crushes!! I am thinking of buying one of their 4x12`s. I am between that one and a Carvin 4x12 Legacy, tough choice really and maybee a Marshall JCM 900 Lead. Too many choices [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Working...
              X