Guitar Tcks. Pro recording question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Tcks. Pro recording question

OK guys, here is the problem. I record on track 1. Then when I go to record on track 2, I get alot of bleed over from track 1.
    Please help, I am sure that I am just a moron when it comes to recording but I have no idea what to do to solve this problem.

Thanks,

Lordofgain (the Neanderthal guitar player [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] )

Re: Guitar Tcks. Pro recording question

bleed over from track 1.
    [/QB]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What is that?... you mean cross talk between channels?... are you miking up your cabinet or recording through the line out?...

If it is a microphone and you are playing back the first track from your computer, then your mic is hearing your speakers... did I understand correctly the question?...

Rodrigo

Comment

What are you recording onto? 4 track, CPU,......
      www.myspace.com/mortality

Comment

IIRC when I used Cakewalk Home Studio 5 years ago it had the same problem. I fixed it by going with CoolEdit [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I was afraid of that Newc. Is Cooledit pro the choice of everyone here?

Rodrigo, the guitar is run through a POD XT direct into an Audigy sound card.

Comment

If you are using a mixer, you will need a mixer that has a special feature for this (can't remember..think it's called sub route or alt something)

BTW, sonar xl is the best multitrack software out there for serious stuff.

Rich

Comment

OK Deviltronix, do not tease. What it this thing of which you speak. The only mixer I am aware of is the virtual board in GTP.

Comment

I get the same problem, but it's only noticeable when I record 4 tracks on Guitar Tracks Pro.

Comment

I have no problems/concerns/worries about guitar tracks. I use it and am VERY pleased.... I dont know...

What is bleed in recording?... my english is not very good.. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

LOG: e-mail me please:

[email protected]

[ May 12, 2003, 10:41 PM: Message edited by: rodrigo_echeverri ]

Comment

BTW, sonar xl is the best multitrack software out there for serious stuff.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not true.

Sonar Xl is a good tool, but it's a MIDI sequencer that grew up and has recording features in it.

If you want to get into the serious (i.e. Pro) software, ProTools and Digital Performer are both better for multitrack recording. I'm hard pressed to think of any Pro studios that run Sonar as their multitrack, but there are thousands running PT and DP.
                    ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Crooks:
                      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">BTW, sonar xl is the best multitrack software out there for serious stuff.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not true.

Sonar Xl is a good tool, but it's a MIDI sequencer that grew up and has recording features in it.

If you want to get into the serious (i.e. Pro) software, ProTools and Digital Performer are both better for multitrack recording. I'm hard pressed to think of any Pro studios that run Sonar as their multitrack, but there are thousands running PT and DP.
                      </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Matt, I am trying NOT to break the bank for recording software lol. I am more than a little peeved that Cakewalk would even release something like this and not even address the problem!

Comment

Hmm i also heard many pros talk about that protools is only the #1 choice because everybody uses it, not because it's the best. Digidesign seems to completed the task in making every big studio think that without protools they are incomplete and then they told every other studio that those big studios use it so it must be the best. Seems like a big marketing thing. That's what not so few pros on different message boards think. Quite some pros like more to work with Radar than with Protools.

For my part i use Cakewalk. I don't see any advantages for me to go Protools. Cakewalk is more than enough for everything i do. But Protools just is more expensive, IMO too expensive. They charge that much because they can because of their "leader status". I guess those HD-systems really are fine but they can do more than i need and for over $10k it's a "little" over my budget [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Back to the real topic:
                        LordofGain, maybe it's a stupid question (sorry about that) but what are the settings for track 1 ? Is it in mono or stereo-chained with track 2 ?
                        Also while playing back switch your track 2 in "solo"-mode that way you only hear track 2 work. Is the bleeding still there ?
                        I mean Cakewalk plays back the other tracks when you record a track. For example if you record track 1 and after that you stop and then record track 2, cakewalk plays back the recording of track 1 while you have track 2 in recording mode. That's because you should hear track 1 to play along it on track 2.
                        If you wanna record track 2 without hearing anything else, switch track 2 in record mode and in solo mode at the same time. That way only track 2 will be selected in playback.

Hope that helps you a bit or even solves your problem. If the problem is still there (especially if you still have bleeding in track 2 after switching it into solo-mode in playback) i hope i come up with some other suggestions. After all i use Cakewalk for quite some time and never had that problem.

Flo
                        http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

Back to the real topic:
                          LordofGain, maybe it's a stupid question (sorry about that) but what are the settings for track 1 ? Is it in mono or stereo-chained with track 2 ?
                          Also while playing back switch your track 2 in "solo"-mode that way you only hear track 2 work. Is the bleeding still there ?
                          I mean Cakewalk plays back the other tracks when you record a track. For example if you record track 1 and after that you stop and then record track 2, cakewalk plays back the recording of track 1 while you have track 2 in recording mode. That's because you should hear track 1 to play along it on track 2.
                          If you wanna record track 2 without hearing anything else, switch track 2 in record mode and in solo mode at the same time. That way only track 2 will be selected in playback.

Hope that helps you a bit or even solves your problem. If the problem is still there (especially if you still have bleeding in track 2 after switching it into solo-mode in playback) i hope i come up with some other suggestions. After all i use Cakewalk for quite some time and never had that problem.

Flo [/QB][/QUOTE]
                          I am not sure about "stereo chained" but I am pretty sure I am recording in stereo.
                          Using the solo button on track 2 did not help with things I had already recorded.
                          Also when I record track 1 and then go back and record track 2 and then isolate track 2 as I am listening i.e. muting track 1, Ican hear track 1 in the background on track 2.
                          Should I be recording in mono?

Comment

Yes you should record in mono if you want every single track to be separate from all others.
                            If you wanna record 2 guitar tracks and both should be independent from the other then you need to record 2 mono tracks.
                            Switch those tracks into mono modus, select the line in of your soundcard where you plugged the pod and then you shouldn't have any bleeding into the other track.

Hope that helps and solves your problem.

Flo
                            http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

OK guys here is what I figured out so far...
                              If I record a track I can pan it to the right or the left but that only gives me two tracks to record. If I do more than that the drums start sounding high pitched and out of phase.
                              I have tried to put the track on either right, left or stereo down at the bottom where you choose the sound source. Am I on to something or still out in left field?

Comment

Working...
                              X