Best sequencer/ jamming device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best sequencer/ jamming device

Rite I've basically been looking for something that I can plug into an amp that has decent drums bass and guitar sounds. It will be mostly for home use so I don't want to go mad over board price wise. My guitar teacher has a small yamaha one, but so far all I can find is drum machines/other sampling crap.

Thanks

Re: Best sequencer/ jamming device

Boss DR-5 look for the average price here to know what you should pay:

DR-5 prices

Comment

Roland PMA-5 PERIOD!!!!!!!! It is the best "jam" box ever. It is basically a multitrack sequencer that has tons of general midi sounds, drum kits, full backing tracks. Lots of musicians use it for live "1 man band" type stuff. You will be BLOWN AWAY by how good it sounds and how many factory styles and presets there are. It even has full digital effects.

Comment

There are Roland PMA-5 units on ebay right now for around $80.00 currently. They were $799.00 new. It is an awesome piece. It is set up just like a palm pilot with a touch screen. I have had mine for years and it I have created totally professional productions with it with only a cheap midi keyboard controller plugged into it. It even has a built in touch keyboard so you can write complete songs with it alone. I mainly use it for sound effects and to practice different guitar styles to because it has so many different styles to choose from. Just pick one and adjust the key to one that you are comfortable with and get to jammin.

Comment

If you're reading these replies, you're looking at your best option. Acquire some decent software like Band-in-a-box or Jammer and pipe your sound card output through decent speakers.

The all-in-one jobs like the DR-5 tend to suck. I should know. I have a DR-5: most expensive metronome on the face of the planet. (Sounds nice, though.)
          This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Thanks guys, How much is that Roland one? And Rodrigo on the Boss site it says the Average price is $187 but I can't find it anywhere for under $300, any suggestions of where I should look?

Thanks

Comment

I didn't know the one that John suggested... I am sure it is fine as well.

There are some DR-5 right now!...

DR_5 ebay

When I put mine for sale for $150 shipped here in the forum nobody wanted it!... [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

[ May 15, 2003, 12:28 PM: Message edited by: rodrigo_echeverri ]

Comment

Working...
              X