Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is this I just won?...

Auction

I kinda bid on that and got it... it looks cool I think.... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[ May 14, 2003, 02:06 AM: Message edited by: rodrigo_echeverri ]

Re: what is this I just won?...

looks like Peavey's version of the Rocktron Chameleon [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] In terms of its function.

Comment

with two preamp tubes!... and very good reviews in harmony central for the price!...

I am probably crazy but I always liked peavey ... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[ May 14, 2003, 02:54 AM: Message edited by: rodrigo_echeverri ]

Comment

Nice snipe, Roddie! Looks like you got 2 bidders with one shot, and with 5 seconds left! [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I have an article that Queensryche guitarists Wilton and Degarmo say they used those around the Mindcrime and Empire era for a lot of stuff.

Prolly a cool little preamp...

Comment

Yeah this is one of those bazillions of preamps that I've heard of but never tried. I think if a long lost unknown relative ever dies and leaves me a ton of money, my goal will be to buy one of every preamp I can find, so I can try all these suckers out...and probably add another room onto the house for it all...hahaha.

Comment

We have one of those at work and it sounds really nice. Thick tone but not muddy. good clean tone too. The effects arent to bad either. Its alittle hard to navigiate to get the tones ya want at first but once you get used to it: it's not bad. I actually kind of like it and I'm not a huge Peavey fan (aside from my Wolfgang that I unfortunatley had to sell). Oh well I got my SD strat head because of it so all is good.
              The effects do sound pretty good and the tones are very usable and adjustable. I like the led back lit knob dials as a refferance point.
              Gil

Comment

John (cleve) now you got me hooked with Queensryche!... please no more mentioning of 80s bands here.. they are addictive!.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I've had one since 1997. They're pretty cool. They run 2 12AX7 tubes at full voltage. TONS of effects and versatility in these bad boys.

It can be a bit daunting at first to tweak it. Every effect can be placed anywhere in the chain and the tube preamp (which has 4 stages) can be placed anywhere in the chain as well. A MIDI foot controller is a must. The Peavey version is the PFC10 and has inputs for 2 continuous controller pedals.

What's also cool is you have the basic tone controls, bass middle treble presence, along with a 5 band eq, 3 band eq, and parametric eq.

That's a great price you got. I paid 700 brand new for mine.

There's a website and Yahoo group set up exclusively for the tubefex and the guy who helped design it runs the show. There's some upgrades and mods for it available.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tubefex/?yguid=64226676

http://www2.netdoor.com/~johnfera/TubeFex/

Good luck and enjoy.

Queensryche did indeed use these and I think Adrian Smith uses one for effects alone.

Comment

Thanks all!...

yeah, I read the manual and this things blows away any rocktron in programability... if the effects sound good to my ear I will be very happy!... this is exactly what I was looking for...

Comment

Working...
                    X