building a reverb unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• building a reverb unit

Thanks Pete. I was just pondering the question. I have a nice rack mount reverb that I can patch in.
    What do you think is better on a small low wattage combo (under 5 watts), closed back or open back and what type of wood would be the best choice? Speaker size would be between 8 and 12 inches. Lastly, what is a speaker focus ring?

building a reverb unit

Is it easy? In theory it seems like it would be. Does anybody have plans on schematics on how to build one and add it to a non reverb equipt tube combo amp like a Crate VC508 for instance. Either tank type or digital. I would prefer tank type using a typical accutronics type unit.

Comment

Re: building a reverb unit

Originally posted by jgcable:
      Is it easy? In theory it seems like it would be. Does anybody have plans on schematics on how to build one and add it to a non reverb equipt tube combo amp like a Crate VC508 for instance. Either tank type or digital. I would prefer tank type using a typical accutronics type unit.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Building a tube reverb unit is going to be pretty much like building an amp. Transformers, one tube, etc... really, just get a pedal unless you want to spend several times that just on parts AND have labor to go with it.

Building amps is fun, but it's typically not a good way to get an amp or close relatives of amps cheap. By the time you've factored in your labor and the time/cost of learning how to do it, you'd be well ahead to just buy what you want.

Pete

Comment

Working...
      X