Mesa Triple Rectifier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Triple Rectifier

I'm thinking about getting one of these. Would you recommend it? What about a dual rectifier. I play metal, but clean stuff as well. I'm looking for something bad ass to gig with and piss off the neighbors with. I have the money, but should I spend it on this?
    [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Re: Mesa Triple Rectifier

I had a dual and a VHT UL , but i sold it to get my diezel i have ordered ( i got the herbert ) . The VHT killed the dual but the dual was good when combined with a eq , it had a good metal sound , but i would look into a used VHT , bogner or soldano if your will to spend the cash. Oh yeah and fuel im sorry for the wait on the pics of the 7 string but my cameras battery broke and i ordered a new one , sorry.

[ May 16, 2003, 01:47 PM: Message edited by: ColdVayne ]

Comment

well, my opinion again...

I have never owned a triple recto but I have tried then in the store manys times. I have never really gotten many sounds I like too much... they are cool but I would not be too happy with one I think. The sound is very dark... they are very expensive pieces too.

I REALLY liked the soldano SLO-100!... I felt soo in love with that thing. Very nice round sound... I thought it was like a good compromise between a Marshall and a Mesa... I would rather buy that (if money allows)...

Those are just my thoughts and feelings on the topic...

Comment

heres the difference between the dual and triple rectifier: 50 watts, more tubes, more money. thats what the triple has. the dual has all the channels and doodads and gizmos the triple has, its 3 channels 100 watts. 1 rectifier tube for every 50 watts so thats why the 150 triple is called a triple and the 100 dual is called a dual. realistically 50 watts is really small difference sound wise, like maybe a notch on the volume knob. so the triple is unnescessary IMO, but if you want to have the biggest "loudest" amp around, OR if you want a nu-metal scooped tone and need to crank it more to be heard. but really alls you're getting with the triple is a higher retube cost and won't be able to crank it as much as a dual. just my opinion though as with all internet ramblin take it with some salt [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I think you will be happy with the dual or the triple. They are both good sounding amps. You might also want to look into a triaxis and mesa 2:90 setup.

Pete
          www.myspace.com/mortality

Comment

Working...
          X