Just bought a Metaltronix M-1000!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought a Metaltronix M-1000!

I just bought one. I've been seaching for one that was in my price range for a long time, and finally fond one!! For those of you who check to see if there on ebay everyday, yes it's the one that was put on there last night. I offered the guy what i had, and he took it! When i recieve it, you guys will hear some clips...It's gonna be awesome!!!

Re: Just bought a Metaltronix M-1000!

[img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

You and I have very similar tastes... this thing looks like such a cool amp!... have fun with it and let us know... viva the 80's!... forever!... [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

did you get the carvin yet?...

[ May 17, 2003, 07:36 PM: Message edited by: rodrigo_echeverri ]

Comment

Haven't got the Carvin yet, but I will in by atleast Friday. Just imagine, A Carvin DC127 with a Metaltronix!!! Brutality!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

do yoy know what pickup that particular guitar has in the bridge?...

Comment

I don't know the exact model, but i do know that it kicks a$$! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

well, carvin had quite a few models and the one they put on yours will depend on what the original owner ordered as they are all custom made...

Also, I think those guitars need to be routed if you want to replace the pickups, right?... that's about the only shortcoming Carvins have I think... those guitars are killer... especially yours, which has the more "masculine" headstock... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[ May 18, 2003, 12:48 AM: Message edited by: rodrigo_echeverri ]

Comment

Hey John,I have a m1000.Your going to love it.Its a very 80s sounding head.There is only one drawback to it which is the noisey effects loop.You are going to need a hush unit for sure.Enjoy it.Paul

Comment

Thanks Paul. I like your signautre "BUILT TO BLAST"...Although i don't think many people know what it means.

Comment

Yea,Its a shame to.I think the lee heads are one of the most underated out there.Which in a way is good for me because you dont have to spend $2000 for a hand built great sounding piece of equiptment.I think you will love the m1000 but if you ever get the chance to check out the xls1000 do it.It has more growl to it than the m10000 does.And a different type of distortion.They both kill.Dude like i told you before if you have any questions that i can help you with e mail me with them. [email protected] Let me know when you get it and what you think.If you go to change the tubes in it check out that euro tubes site I told you about.Talk to you soon paul.

Comment

Thanks Paul!! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Cool! I sense you'll be playing a lot of Zakk Wylde riffs through that amp!! [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

John you can also check out metaltronix.net for all lee jackson amp info ..
                        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Yea, I've been on that site allot looking at allot of things...Thanks for the link though!!
                          Well Toejam, I'd like to think more of RR, but who knows!! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                          I just can't believe that I'm actually getting one!! Now I need a cab though, I'm thinking that if I can't find the matching Metaltronix cab, that I'll get a Marshall 1960 cab...Any suggestions?

Comment

Well, I was actually saying Zakk since he used to play Metaltronix, too! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Hey john,I play my metaltronix and xls1000 through 2 mesa 4+12 recto cabs loaded with cel vin 30s.I have tried a few different cabs and to my ears these seem to sound the best.Although I would love to get a metaltronix cab someday.The metaltronix site is real cool, its just not many people post on it for some reason.Later paul.

Comment

Working...
                              X