How do you...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How do you...

Yeah, I remember reading an interview with Max Norman where he described that delay...an AMS something or other. Randy's speakers were 12 inch Altecs, I have the exact model written down somewhere.

Comment

Altec Lansing got thier claim to fame frm thier Hi end Home audio speakers. The decided to branch out into other things like instrument speakers trying to compete with EV and Celestion. But They both had a solid foot hold on that market and Jim Lansing then slowly lost interest and sold the company and his name to a third part which then named it JBL. Honest this is from a JBL rep.
      And the History of Jim Lansing as I remember it from my dad telling me about it.
      It could be slightly off but its the general idea. It;s been a while since ive had to recall that info and the archives of my brain arent what they used to be.
      Gil

Comment

its all in the fingers! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] I liked his tone much better on Diary. I like his lead tone on both albums.

Here's my version triple tracked w/ a J-Station. Double and triple tracking the solos I think is what defined his overall recorded sound, solos stand out more and the slight time variations almost give it a delay effect.

http://onlinerock.com/musicians/shaw...train_mix4.mp3

[ May 25, 2003, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: Shawn Lutz ]
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

the MXR thru a marshall you should be able to get pretty close to. Santana was also a big fan of altec speakers.

Comment

Working...
          X